Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

300 BLACKOUT LOAD DATA

cworks

looking for some Suppressed 300 blackout SBR load data

9.5 " barrel

AAC SDN-6 Suppressor

220 grain SMK

Accurate 5744 powder

I have done a little research and most of it is from a 16" barrel but could somebody tell me if 10.5 grains would be a good starting point??

My data starts at 10.7g at 1,081 FPS for 5744 from a 16" barrel and my HVT QD suppressor, so 10.5g ir right in the neighborhood. One of my friends runs a 9.5" barrel and comprable suppressor to yours, but he loads 10.9 grains of AA1680. YMMV

9.5" Core-15 barrel (Pistol length gas system)

I am moving soon and the chrono is packed up, but 10.5 grains of 5744 locked the bolt back and had no malfunctions. I am using a JP Silent Capture Spring as well.

Is anyone using Lil'Gun for 300 BLK? Back when I was compiling components, this was the only powder that I could find that had 300 blk. load data. According to the Hodgden web site, the starting load for the 110 gr Hornady V-Max is 18.9 grains, however when I load this amount it practically fills the case to the top, I've been reloading pistol for five or so years, but this is my first attempt at rifle reloads. I know for all of my pistol loads, the powder never comes near the top of the case.

I have a pound of Lil' Gun as well but I have never loaded with it. I will say that there are a few guys on the 300blackout forum that use it to make subs. that being said they are pushing a bullet that weighs 100 gr more. I'd start a little low and work up.

Edited by cworks

I couldn't get Lil' gun to function subsonic in my AR with 200GR SMK's. It will fire, but won't lock the bolt back on an empty mag. It will work all day long in a bolt gun. I have 16lbs of it, so it will get used for supersonic loads from 125 grains and up.

I have used Lil'gun. It is a perfectly acceptable powder - meters well, good accuracy, and very clean. It seems to burn quite "hot" though. I have primarily used it in 110-150 gr loads, but also have experimented with it in subs. It will not run my 16" pistol-gas Noveske reliably while still staying subsonic, although the heaviest bullet I have tried is 210 gr. It seems to work OK for my friends 8.5" Core15 barreled upper though and is a "one-powder" solution for him in that regard.

I have used Lil'gun. It is a perfectly acceptable powder - meters well, good accuracy, and very clean. It seems to burn quite "hot" though. I have primarily used it in 110-150 gr loads, but also have experimented with it in subs. It will not run my 16" pistol-gas Noveske reliably while still staying subsonic, although the heaviest bullet I have tried is 210 gr. It seems to work OK for my friends 8.5" Core15 barreled upper though and is a "one-powder" solution for him in that regard.

Do you know the gas port size of your Noveske ? I found that LilGun works well with subs in pistol gas system with .090 gas port or higher. Some pistol gas barrels have small gas ports , I found a 14".5 with a .075 port that would eject and not strip the next round. Drilled the port out to .110 and I got the bolt to lock. I'm assuming the smaller ports was meant for factory sub ammo that uses slower burning powder at the same time balancing for supers.

.....or use with a suppressor.

Edited by BOOST