Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Check for PRODUCTION Legal GUN

deerassassin22

I think I might start shooting production I want a 2nd opinion on my setup here to make sure I'm KOSHER.

1. XDM 5.25 40 Cal

2. Dawson ICE Magwell (USPSA/IDPA) legal one.

3. Tungsten Guide Rod/with 1911 Rcoil Springs

4. Blade Tech DOH Black Ice Holster

5. DAA Mag Pouches

6. Total Weight with Empty Mag is 2lb 1.2oz (33.2oz) That's with my Dawson Plus 2/3 Extenstion which will be changed to slam pads)

For Production?

No magwells allowed, for starters.

Will these "slam pads" allow the gun to fit in the box? What kind of weight will they bring to the table?

You are only allowed 35 oz so you should be fine but I would still be careful

I think I might start shooting production I want a 2nd opinion on my setup here to make sure I'm KOSHER.

1. XDM 5.25 40 Cal

5. DAA Mag Pouches

6. Total Weight with Empty Mag is 2lb 1.2oz (33.2oz) That's with my Dawson Plus 2/3 Extenstion which will be changed to slam pads)

Appendix D4 states the pistol can be 2 ounces over the listed weight of the pistol on the approved pistol list with an empty magazine inserted. I got this from the approved handgun list: XDm 525 C .40S&W 5.25" barrel (32 oz.).

So, theoretically, you can get away with your mods, minus the magwell, IF the gun fits inside the box with your "slam pads." Also, I thought I read somewhere that the Black Ice holster as not Production-legal, due to how the holster was cut WRT the ejection port. I'd measure it to make sure it's legal.

1. XDM 5.25 40 Cal

5. DAA Mag Pouches

Appendix D4 states the pistol can be 2 ounces over the listed weight of the pistol on the approved pistol list with an empty magazine inserted. I got this from the approved handgun list: XDm 525 C .40S&W 5.25" barrel (32 oz.).

So, theoretically, you can get away with your mods, minus the magwell, IF the gun fits inside the box with your "slam pads." Also, I thought I read somewhere that the Black Ice holster as not Production-legal, due to how the holster was cut WRT the ejection port. I'd measure it to make sure it's legal.

Yeah, I misread the list. So the gun is only allowed to be 34 total. Even closer than I thought it was and even more reason to be careful. Remember, scales are like chrono's. Does not matter what your scale says, it matters what a match scale says.

1. XDM 5.25 40 Cal

5. DAA Mag Pouches

Yeah, I misread the list. So the gun is only allowed to be 34 total. Even closer than I thought it was and even more reason to be careful. Remember, scales are like chrono's. Does not matter what your scale says, it matters what a match scale says.

Sarge,

I agree scales and chronos should be certified or not used. Or why have rules that cannot be enforced?

Been in racing to long, with all that sillyness.

Tom

The Black Ice I have for my X5 is fine WRT the ejection port cut:

utf-8BSU1HLTIwMTMwNDMwLTAwMjU1LmpwZw_zps

I did have to shim it out at the bottom to make the 2" distance at the grip, probably because of the weight of the gun. You may not have that problem with an XDm.

IMG_00000036_zps01b5679e.jpg