Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tac Sol 2211 conversions

rtl

Their website

http://www.tacticalsol.com/tshome/2211-1911-22lr-conversion

says they're available for STI 2011 frames and that they have magazines that fit the STI frame. The only local dealer in Tucson says he hadn't seen one. I'm tempted to order one but. . . .

Has anybody here tried one? Did it run OK? Fussy about ammo?

If this is the wrong forum mods, please move - thanks

The conversions are like Marvels except I think they have steel slides. I have some of their mags and they are well built. I just don't understand why a company would build a double stack mag and not make it 140mm long. And to top it off they designed it for 10 rounds. For less than the price of their mags that can hold 14 you can buy a GSG mag with a kit to hold 16 rounds.

I have both the pistol and rifle conversions. they are outstanding. My single stack mags will not fit my trojan. I have no problems with my Tripp SS. The double stack mag fit my SVs.

Mine and the 4 other people who I know have TS conversation will generate talk about ammo. CCI mini mag-most reliable, Federal --pretty good. CCI low velocity--some issues-definitely not match worthy.

No offense meant towards the Marvel. The version I had, need to be re-sighted in after each cleaning since the guide rod snugs the upper to the lower. DEFINITELY a PIA.