Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Johnson 3-Gun at the NRA Whittington Center 2014

How did I not notice this thread? This is definitely one of my favorite matches, and by far the most challenging technically and physically.

I even got some sweet POV footage, in case anyone's wondering what you missed...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6NHBp4RQa7o
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hEHRQ4IKPoM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBesOGP5JAQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EhOXxXU1EI8

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Thermo!

These were our 16 Saturday stages working on all the separate skills.

On Sunday, we combined each set of 4 into one more typical stage.

The plan was that we applied what we learned Saturday to Sunday...for those who attended both days!

It worked for some, but, somehow, not so well for me! :sick:

We tried to make it a good "knock the cobwebs" off match! We had double launchers and little, short rifle to get ready for SMM3G (they said there were going to be partial headshots left after the beartraps), and long, tough rifle out to 334 and some long pistol to get ready for TaskForce!

Thanks again to everyone who came out!! It was so good to meet so many new shooters. 4 juniors, 2 of them girls!!! Yeah juniors!!

See you at the range,

Denise

Just a reminder about the Johnson 3-Gun Natural Terrain RO weekend at the NRA Whittington Center in Raton, NM.

Saturday, April 12 will be the RO clinic. We will spend the morning doing some seat work and discussion focusing on the International aspect and also local match ROing! The afternoon, we will get out, check some stages out, and get just a little shooting in, so bring your guns!

Please email me if you plan to attend so I can have materials ready!

Sunday, April 13 we will have a regular Johnson 3-Gun "local" match open to everyone. Those from the RO clinic will do a lot of the ROing for the day! There will be 4 all natural terrain stages. Some of them will be a little preview of He-Man for those interested!!!! Wink, wink, nudge, nudge!

Saturday will start at 0845 in Ajax classroom. Sunday - we will meet...check the sign at the gate. :surprise: Newbie briefing at 0830. Shooter's briefing at 0900. We want to be shooting by 0930 latest!!!!

RO Clinic $50 for the weekend. Sunday only - $35.

Hope to see you there! BRING A sling for your rifle!

:wub: Denise

Edited by Benelli Chick

Just got the deal on the food for the RO clinic.

There will be breakfast available in Shotgun on Sunday.

There will be lunch and dinner Saturday and Sunday at shotgun.

Saturday will be a buffet for $15 starting at 6ish, and it won't be open really long because they're having this big shindig at Coors.

Sunday, you can order off a limited menu.

We'll see you there!

• 2 weeks later...

Today turned out to be a beautiful day and we got some good work done!

Tomorrow, we're hoping the weather holds off until evening, but we're good to go tomorrow!

4 Natural Terrain stages all over the property. Not too much tear down!

See you at the long range rifle area across from competitor housing by 9am. UNLESS, you're a newbie! Newbie briefing at 0830 with some of our new RO's! :goof:

Thanks to everyone who helped out today and worked out on some building and proofing!! You guys are the best!!! :bow:

Edited by Benelli Chick

Thanks so much to all of you who came out to shoot with us from Nebraska and Minnesota, to Texas, New Mexico and Colorado!

We did get lucky with the weather. It's snowing pretty hard now, but not while we were shooting!

We really appreciate all the hard work everyone put in and all the kind words, had work and great attitudes!

We really hope you all had fun and enjoyed yourselves!

Thanks to the brand new RO's that took the class on Saturday. Special thanks and kudos to Nick who is going to be a really great RO!!! You all did a great job!

You may notice that a number of people did not finish. It was one of those weekends, flat tires, sick friends, broken guns, just weird stuff. I still left your scores to show you how you did when you were there!

I sent the results out on our email list and they're posted under results at: http://home.earthlink.net/~johnson3gun/

Had a great time today and the weather was excellent! Sunny and 60deg till about 3:00. Thanks JJ and Denise for all your hard work setting it up. Already looking forward to the next match. That'll be HeMan nats right?

• 5 weeks later...

May 31 is our next Johnson 3-Gun "local"/club match at the NRA Whittington Center!

Newbie briefing at 0830 at Unknown Distance. (Same place as April. It's the area we usually shoot long rifle across from competitor housing.) There will be a sign at the gate!

Shooter's Briefing at 0900. Hope to be shooting by 0930!

$30

Bring a SLING for your rifle AND your shotgun this time!!! (Separate stages. You don't need them both at the same time!)

See you there!

Edited by Benelli Chick

• 2 weeks later...

May 31 is our next Johnson 3-Gun "local"/club match at the NRA Whittington Center! We're planning 4 Natural Terrain stages. Not sure exactly which will be where as New Mexico YHEC will also be at Whittington. We have a shotgun/pistol, pistol/shotgun, pistol/rifle and shotgun/rifle planned. 50 birdshot, 5 slugs, 50 rifle, 75 pistol if you don't miss much! :devil:

Newbie briefing at 0830 at Unknown Distance. (Same place as April. It's the area we usually shoot long rifle across from competitor housing.) There will be a sign at the gate! Shooter's Briefing at 0900. Hope to be shooting by 0930! $30

Bring a SLING for your rifle AND your shotgun. Pretty sure we're going to sling the shotgun. Want to smooth that out.

If anyone arrives afternoon Friday, we can use some help setting up. Shoot me an email if you are planning to come down, and I'll give you a phone number so you can find us!!! Lots of places for us to hide!!! Small discount for set-up help!

See you there!

Just so you know, there will be dinner Thursday, Friday and Saturday in the Shotgun Center at Whittington!

No tax, and really excellent meals!

They will also have breakfast and lunch at the trailer on the Hunter Pistol Range, Friday and Saturday.

Down at Whittington! Think we have some great stages planned for you!

We're testing out a few things...new prop, slung shotgun...you know how we use "local" matches to collect guinea pigs! :devil:

It was hot this morning, but most of the afternoon, it was overcast and cooler. Hasn't rained yet! :surprise:

Hope to see you all Saturday! Remember, BOTH rifle and shotgun sling needed...not at the same time!

See you soon!

DEnise

Thanks to everyone for a great day!

Special thanks to Herb, Doug, Luis and Tom for their help setting up!!

I've sent out the results, but for someone reason, the website is being cranky with me. I hope to have the website updated with the results...ummm...whenever it feels happier with me!!

Next "local" match - June 28.