Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

USPS Web Site

sperman

You would think it would be easy enough to ship a package online using the USPS web site.

Step 1: Click "Ship a Package"

Step 2: Click "Ship Now"

Step 3: Click "Print a Shipping Label Now"

This finally takes me to the screen where I can enter my password.

After entering my password, it finally takes me to the screen where I enter the delivery address.

I've also run into situations where it takes me to the login screen, and after entering my info, it kicks me out. I think their system somehow considers my username to contain a naughty word, and that's why it kicks me out, but it is a registered username and password, so I'm not sure if that is it or not.

Disclaimer..I work for USPS.

The filters the USPS uses for their computer systems are so weird it's amazing. In our maintanence parts order que...I caught crap for glueGUN. It triggered a flag. Caulk gun does the same thing. User names...oh my god do they kick flags.

Not sure if that's yer problem or not, but it's possible.

I can't remember what I was trying to do, but I had to be logged in to do it. It kept kicking me out, so I created a new account with a different username, and everything worked just fine.

ESPN wouldn't let me name my Fantasy Football team the Spermanators either. :ph34r:

I'm so fed up with USPS. But when I posted a rant, a mod deleted it and warned me that some of the forum members work for USPS so I couldn't malign them

I just ordered a new watch as a gift last week and checked the USPS tracking info: it said that it went out for delivery yesterday.... except I never received it.

Another vanishing package I get to try to find. It only took about a week of screaming into a phone to find the last one they lost.... they sent it to the wrong station.

what a joy.

You know, I worked 33 years in a real industry. On the occasions I did not deliver what was assigned to me on time, I actually was held accountable.

Anybody ever think of trying that with the USPS?

Oh, I cracked myself up with that one......

post-271-0-41505900-1387178123_thumb.jpg

Edited by bountyhunter

So I got tired of the web site logging me out all the time so I called customer service. It turns out there was no phone number associated with my account. Of course I couldn't add a phone number to my account, because any time I clicked on "My Profile" it would log me out.

I think Gary may be on to something.

I love the folks who work at my small post office. They are the greatest.

That being said, the one thing that really toast me is no one is responsible. If something goes crossways, no one can answer why.

A few years ago the wife and I bought her a new car. We ordered a check up from the Credit Union and it never arrived. I called the Credit Union and told them they stopped payment on that one and issued me another one. Two days later I got the re-issued check. Two more days and I received a letter from a lady in Hazard, Kentucky with my original check in it. I looked at the address on the Credit Union envelope and it was correct. Not only did the USPS send my letter to a city 73 miles away, they delivered it to a lady who did not have my address.

When I asked how this could happen, all I got was the blank stare and "I don't know".

Every job I ever had, I was responsible for what I did or did not do.

That is one of the areas that the USPS fails miserably.

That being said, the one thing that really toast me is no one is responsible. If something goes crossways, no one can answer why.

You risk your sanity if you ask "WHY".

Last month I ordered something from Amazon, tracking info showed it was delivered to the station but I never got it. So I spent about a week calling the local post offices and I got a variety of responses:

1) The original sender never mailed it.

2) We already delivered it to you.

3) It was sent to the wrong station and we can't find it.

After #3, I basically gave up and was about to order another one but that night, my doorbell rings and it was a postal worker with my package. Here is what he said. I am not making this up, no one could make this stuff up.

He hands me the package and shows me:

"The scan label was damaged so we had no way to deliver it."

ME: I immediately thought, WHO HAD IT WHEN IT GOT DAMAGED? But I thought pointing that out would be unkind.

As I look at the package I am astonished to see the original mailing label is 100% intact. My full name, address, zip code are all plainly in view.

ME: "Wait a minute..... how can a package be undeliverable when my name and address are right on the package?"

HIM: "No, the package wouldn't scan so we couldn't deliver it."

Nobody could make that up.

Edited by bountyhunter

I have had bad luck with all the delivery services at one point or another. At lease usps for me they place it in the key locked box at the apt and leave a key in my box or place a card that says they delivered it to the apt office. FedEx and ups may deliver to the office or they may run to my door slap a your not home tag and hit the door as they run to the truck. If people were held accountable this would stop or new people would be hired that are willing to do their job.

Edited by EkuJustice

The USPS guy that delivers mail to my apartment is pretty good. He always knocks first, but i told him in event that i'm not home to hide my packages under the patio chair cushions or under the table or something so the package is at least out of view. I can tell he's the type of guy that will go above and beyond to make sure i get my goods. Knock on wood, i have not had any bad experiences in the last year at my new address. All of the bad experiences have been from gun merchandisers. Literally, the last three times from three different companies that i have tried to order a part for my gun, i either got shipped the incorrect product, or a product which was out of spec or would not work at all.