Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

F P bushing 625

4mike

The firing pin bushing is not the same part as the hammer nose bushing for the older guns.

The older hammer nose bushings generally required special equipment to install. The current firing pin bushings can be installed fairly easily with common hand tools.

figure does not represent the current state, it's a state before the last shot, after this bushing disintegrated,

the rest is to be removed, in the bushing is hole thru in firing pin size.

Remains only electrical erosion and I dont know how deep with erosion because dont know how thick are the bushing and what is correct design and sizes of bushing.

sorry for my english :-)

Edited by 4mike

I have had two different guns do that same thing,called S&W they sent shipping label sent guns out for repair..they were not gone over a month and shipped back to me..This way I didn't have to worry about it just send it to S&w they will fix it for you..

Easy fix. You can drive out the old bushing from the rear with a punch. A new bushing is cheap from Brownells or where ever. To reinstall the new one I used a steel rod put down the barrel to seat the new bushing in to the frame. I replace 5 or 6 of them in my 610's. (I did wrap the steel rod in tape for protection of the barrel)

I did finaly figure out that I was buring out bushings by using brass cases that should have been tossed out. The primer pockets where worn out and I was getting what was really high pressure flame cutting around the primer and cutting up the bushing.

Jon

• 1 month later...