Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Working on the holidays!

Jensey

Power plant operators are on the job every hour of every day.

I am working tonight and will be on Christmas and New Years.

Unless you are cooking with wood and lighting your home with candles...I am HERE for you.

p357528452-4.jpg

I'm helping make clean, reliable electric power today too! Light them up, the units run better under full load, and makes for an easier day!

Yeah it sucks. But luckily for me we get 2x time if we work on the holiday PLUS the 8 straight. Christmas eve, day and new years day are all on the same pay period for me. And I'm workin all of em. That's 96 hours straight time @ $29/hr for those 3 days. So I don't get too terribly upset about it.

I'm a signal supervisor for a railroad and supposed to be on vacation this week. So far my phone has rang at least four or five times each day. I don't mind the quick calls but when they're at 2 a.m. it's a little much.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm an ER nurse, assistant nurse manager.

Thank you for doing what you do. There are two professions I have a lot of respect for and nurses are number one on the list.

Are go-go dancers #2 on the list? :o

Thanks for being there Jensey....it is appreciated...

• 2 weeks later...

In the past I've work holidays and weekends. My wife (RN), daughter (RN), and son (OSP Trooper) all work weekends and to complicate it they all work nites too. Makes holidays a non event most of the time.