Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

1100 for 3 gun?

Naka16

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Remington will replace the interceptor latch stud if you send it in to a warranty repair shop. My landlord has about 20 years worth of duck and geese shooting on his, and when he sent it in the repair tech called him and said it was the most worn shotgun he had ever seen. (Mostly a diet of 3" mag steels. A LOT of them. He isn't a great shot :blush:) They fixed it though. As I recall, replacing the stud, rebluing the receiver, and putting in all-new wear parts set him back $190. Shoots like new again. I still have mine as a backup gun, and no failures since the bolt carrier broke during a match and got replaced. It has the wide retainer from brownell's installed and the gas ports opened up one drill size. It cycles noticeably faster that way, but I can still outrun it now that I am used to my inertia gun. For a first gun, "run what ya brung", don't spend money on a new shotgun until you have handled a bunch and formed your own opinions on what you want. Otherwise you might be on your fourth or fifth shotgun before you are happy.

Tom

Lost the extractor in a match once, EZ loader broke off before I heard you need to put piano wire inside the 1/16" roll pin that holds it in, and I saw on of those choate oversized charging handles fly off on a friend's 1100 once.

An excellent choice to begin with,actually is easier to load than a Benelli with the easy loader installed,and softer shooting.Just not durable.In ten years of action shotgun weekly I saw barrel lugs break off,broken extractors,shell stakes come loose,and several other problems.In the days of $200 1100's they were a good choice on a budget.Today I would do other things like the Mossberg and the Benelli.