Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

3 Gun Nation Regional Series Updates

• Replies 910
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd say it was a 6... It had a lot of movement, but you didn't HAVE to run... Some guys kinda jogged, others walked... I guess it depended on how fast you wanted to get there

Edited by Headworked

Many thanks for those that supported this event...hats of to our staff and the folks at Clinton House. Our RO's are some of the best in the business, they gave 110%. I had a great time seeing some old and new faces.... The competitors where Awesome....a great display of skill and sportsmanship.

I hope all enjoyed the match and without question the prize table was off the carts...last place walked out with 250-300 bucks in product...and the match fee was under 300 bucks.

Packing up the rig today to send it westbound to the Vegas Regional...

It's was a blast!

Question for match directors and participants...at the regionals is there any need for high PF 9mm such as MGM swinger or heavy set poppers? If a popper is hit bit doesn't fall is it like pro series where a pistol hit counts regardless of steel falling

Reason I ask is I have a bunch of loaded 124 grain 128 PF ammo for pro series but will load some heavier stuff for the regionals

Thanks

Bets

Question for match directors and participants...at the regionals is there any need for high PF 9mm such as MGM swinger or heavy set poppers? If a popper is hit bit doesn't fall is it like pro series where a pistol hit counts regardless of steel falling

Reason I ask is I have a bunch of loaded 124 grain 128 PF ammo for pro series but will load some heavier stuff for the regionals

Thanks

Bets

Gamer!

How was the half day format over two days?

Still not a fan.
Care to elaborate? Didn't like half days or only two days or what?

We got screwed on the late start on day one, because the morning squads werent done shooting, then it just ran really slow. Our squad only got through 3.5 stages before it was called due to darkness. That translated to an extra early morning the next day. Even though it was slow, it still seemed like there was bo time to do anything like fix guns or go get food, because everyone was too scared to leave the stage they were waiting on and miss some kind of critical information. 2 day was great, but might as well do full day schedule, because on day 2 we were done at noon, but did t leave the range till after 8 anyway

Almost 10% DQed, which seems like a lot? Anything in particular going on?

There was alot of "dont step here while you shoot that way, or it's a match DQ", "dont break the 70 degree mark in this direction or it is a 180 violation, or it's a match DQ", "dont shoot those targets from past this spot, or it's a match DQ", "dont draw your pistol before passing this point, or it's a match DQ".... You get the idea. We had 3 DQ's on one stage. One guy drew his gun too early. One gun fell out of the holster mid stride, and one ran past the last spot you were allowed to shoot a certain target from but was still shooting it.

There was alot of "dont step here while you shoot that way, or it's a match DQ", "dont break the 70 degree mark in this direction or it is a 180 violation, or it's a match DQ", "dont shoot those targets from past this spot, or it's a match DQ", "dont draw your pistol before passing this point, or it's a match DQ".... You get the idea. We had 3 DQ's on one stage. One guy drew his gun too early. One gun fell out of the holster mid stride, and one ran past the last spot you were allowed to shoot a certain target from but was still shooting it.

Were the restrictions for the sake of safety or was it due to stage design. Was "don't draw your pistol before passing this point" to make the stage safe or was it part of the WSB?

The reason I'm asking is video of Stage 8 after a pretty good run through the woods, poppers were engaged from a box on the ground.

Were the restrictions for the sake of safety or was it due to stage design. Was "don't draw your pistol before passing this point" to make the stage safe or was it part of the WSB?

The reason I'm asking is video of Stage 8 after a pretty good run through the woods, poppers were engaged from a box on the ground.

Stage design and safety... Because several roads were the direction your gun, on several stages, would be pointing if it was drawn or inside the 180, but a little one way or the other...

Stage design and safety... Because several roads were the direction your gun, on several stages, would be pointing if it was drawn or inside the 180, but a little one way or the other...

I was wondering about that too. Maybe they tried to jamb too much stuff in the available space and time.

The draw lines are for safety, the dynamic of that stage caused you the use a road to enter a pistol jungle run. Why would I have you running in that area with a pistol in hand...it was all for safety....a

as for your rant about staying at the range until 8pm. I , my and several competitors (all were invited) were well into adult beverages at 630pm each night...not sure about the 8pm statement?

Here are clips of the stages...nothing crazy. folks that got DQ 'd understood the deal.

Not ranting about anything. I was asked my opinion of the half day format and gave my opinion and reasons I dont like it. I think overall the match was a great success and fun. I just think that if I am going to spend all day out of town, I would rather have time between stages than not. I'm sure things will be closer on schedule in Vegas

Looked up a text i sent as soon as we left. It is stamped 6:58pm Eastern. I was looking at the clock in the car, which showed 7:58 Central Time. My bad. But we left as soon as #50 in TO was called and selected

Personally I thought it was a great match. Charles and co. did a great job. I'll be the first to admit I was skeptical about how these matches would go, especially this first one, but it went great. 250 shooters, 8 stages, 2 days, there are bound to be some hiccups, but there was nothing out of the ordinary. The prize table was very nice. I finished 57 and walked away with around $700-$750 (black hole barrel, hiperfire trigger, ESS eyepro, and more) worth of gear. While I'm not a fan of the total time scoring, it won't keep me from shooting these. I'm looking forward to shooting the midwest regional.

Great match, thanks Charles, Tennille and bunch of hard working ROs. I am tired and sore, I can only imagine what some of the ROs are feeling. First time out with this format and no real issues is hard to do but they did it.

1/2 day format- I like it better than sitting on my butt for 1 hour plus and if you were morning on day one it was early anyway. Rockcastle is a bit different with the distances and the way the non-shooting stuff is set up. This match was great for 1/2 day. A couple of tips to make it work:

Get your squad off their butts and setting! This is 3 gun and there is a lot to do, just do it. Thus the reason I like self squadding, I know they shooters on the squad are hard workers.

Be prepared- It is only 4 stages a day that most all shooters looked over ahead of time. Why are people having to load rifle and pistol mags after every stage? Shotgun, sure but the vast majority of us have the mags to be prepared at least most of the time.

Be ready- every set of ROs I saw were perfectly clear on how they wanted the on deck shooter to be ready. The hard working squad is a waste if every shooter has to be called to the start.

Bring what you need to make it half a day without hitting the gut truck. It is only HALF a day!

I much prefer being able to spend that half a day hitting the side matches or demos, eating, resting, etc rather than wondering if I can be doing anything in between stages without being late, etc.

DQs, the ones I know of were shotguns not being empty and safety off when ditched. Thankfully I got that out of my system at our club match in Jan.! While there were some specified procedures and some did include a match DQ if broken, that is part of natural terrain stages- this is not USPSA where it all has to be done with props.

I thought the 2 day format was great. The RO's and match director people made a great effort to push us through and were very flexible and open minded in doing so. I thought the stages were very fun. I personally prefer more long range and small far pistol targets to make things even more challenging. The prize table was great and diseminated very well throughout the ranks. Thank you guys for your hard work! I had a blast!

Jeremy