Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

looking for a stock II 9mm and it's MIA

tomfturner

I'm not sure this is the right place to post this, but I'm trying to find a stock II 9mm in stock (get in line right).

Anybody got any ideas? I've gotten up with my dealer to check all of his distributors, and EAA was "almost" less than useless (to both of us). At this point I'm almost to the "just let Stuart build me a Shadow" point. Is this a common problem with the Stock 2? What's the deal with EAA on this gun?

Anyway, the rant was not my point. Looking for tips in finding one of these in stock, wholesalers, dealers, etc. any help would be appreciated.

They pop up on Gun Broker from time to time, but you can expect to pay a $400-$600 premium, the regulars on the EAA/Tanfoglio board here are probably your best resource, Nealio located a 9mm and two .40s a month or so ago, but I'm sure those are gone now.

There are all kinds of theories on why EAA can't seem to get the right models in the right categories, but everyone agrees they can't so yes, the easy route is the order a Shadow from CZC.

<whisper> Don't tell anyone, but a steel framed Jericho 941 (Baby/Uzi Eagle) is very similar to a Stock II (many internal parts are interchangeable) at a fraction of the cost </whisper>

Finding one in 9mm is like looking for the Golden Ticket. 10mm and some .40s will be available from time to time online, or at gunbroker. For 9mm check the classifieds here daily is probably your best chance, and still a very slim one.

looked at Runzo's site which brings me to another question would I be better off getting a limited pro? What's the real advantage/disadvantage of going that direction? It's still legal for production division, and you loose the dust cover ... Other than that they are basically the same gun right? Am I missing something else? Still new to the EAA world.

Edited by tomfturner