Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Is EAA out of business?

kneelingatlas

EAA was closed for Veterans Day. Banks, Fed Govt, US Post Office, etc. were also closed.

As a Veteran, I always wondered why so many folks get the day off. Only approx. < 1% of the current US population is in uniform and approx. 10% of the total population are Veterans. They are the ones who should be taking it easy on 11/11.

Sorry, too much early morning coffee!

Edited by Tony S45

EAA has some serious problems. Starting with the guy who runs it, and the atmosphere he sets among his people. I can't imagine a firearms company (or even an importer like EAA) going out of business in this political... high gun sales... climate.... but if EAA has gone down the tubes "it couldn't happen to a nicer company".

They will not be missed. Their products weren't bad... but they seemed to think that their obligation ended once the 4473 was filled & approved, and the cash register rang. Their goal was distributor and dealer sales. The customer be damned.

I Love the guns they import but not a fan of the Customer Service... i once called to ask how much a mag release was they gave me an outrageous price, i then asked for how much a chromed small frame mag was they said i could not afford it. its nice that they can see or guess my financial situation.

Could this have something to do with the disaster in the philipines, isnt eaa affiliated there?

as far as i know most of their products come from Europe hence European in EAA ...... but they do make some witness frames and STI Spartans and some other brands in the Philippines