Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Gun, New Load

Sarge

I hate starting from scratch again but it can't be helped. I am going to load some Production ammo for my new XDM 5.25 9mm. I am hoping to do some chrono work this weekend.

Load will be MG 124 CMJ's with any or all of the following. WST, 231 or WAC and WSP's.

Any help getting me closer to the ball park for initial testing would be appreciated.

Kevin, I would stay away from the WST. Start at 4.0 231 and chrono from there. If you could find Tightgroup 4.2 would give you a nice load as well.....

DougC

I used TG when I first started but could not find a pound locally to work with again. I thought there were a number of folks running WST?

WST really spiky with lower bullet weights in 9mm due to case capacity....Some people load 147 with it with low charge weight. Go ahead and try it....I got bad pressure signs at 135PF with 122 lfp and gave up on it for 9mm, which mirrors others.

DougC

WST really spiky with lower bullet weights in 9mm due to case capacity....Some people load 147 with it with low charge weight. Go ahead and try it....I got bad pressure signs at 135PF with 122 lfp and gave up on it for 9mm, which mirrors others.

DougC

Got it. Thanks Doug

With very little fanfare I found a good enough load for the rare occasions I will actually shoot Production. I took DC's advice and left the WST out of the mix and tried some 231 and WAC. I only tried WAC because I have 40lbs on hand and I have read some promising threads on it. BOOO!!! WAC was harsh for a minor load. I settled on 4.3 231 @1.13 with MG 124 CMJ. Got 132PF out of my XDM5.25. Soft shooting and very accurate. That was easy. Now to load me up a thousand and switch the press back over to my MAJOR load. Funny how little powder is in the minor loads after two years of loading MAJOR! :surprise: