Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Your Bill Drill Times with a Revolver and Full Power Loads?

Religious Shooter

Maybe some of you have done it for kicks.

Using full power .357 Magnum or .44 Magnum. What's your Bill Drill (or similar drill) time (A's only --- average time and/or all time best time)? Distance to target? Stock trigger or Fed primer only trigger? Compensator? Load used? Pistol and barrel length used? USPSA classification when you did it? Etc.

Thanks.

Ok just so you know I hate you for this;-) I will be shooting my 340 this week with full power 357 for my quarterly practice with it and I will shoot a Bill drill. Five shots only but that should suffice. It will take a week to get over as that thing hurts on both ends!

I will be shooting my 340 this week with full power 357 for my quarterly practice with it and I will shoot a Bill drill. Five shots only but that should suffice.

That is masochistic and why I have a 342. At least I'm saved from .357 mags.

Ok just finished. 4.52 for 5 shots from carry rig. Did have one Charlie but I'm not gonna reshoot it again for three months. Need to recuperate. I think my brain was resetting between shots. .72 splits.

BHill

Edit: Left out the load. Federal 158 hydro shocks (p357hs1)chrono at 1150s and distance of 7.5 yards.

Edited by BHill

Just tried doing Bill Drills at seven yards from the low ready since I didn't want the different holsters to affect the times. I'm currently A class in revolver.

Control test with 45ACP 5" 625 7lb trigger 170 PF

Average time: 2.37

Average split: 0.29

357 Mag 4" 28 10lb trigger 200 PF

Average time: 2.84

Average split: 0.39

44 Mag 6.5" 629 11lb trigger 315 PF

Average time: 3.12

Average split: 0.45

500 S&W 2.75" 500ES 8lb trigger 415 PF (5 Shot)

Average time: 4.11

Average split: 0.81