Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Rmr 115 or 124 plated

glock23guy

I want to know what weight people like to use

From reading on this Forum for six years now or so, it seems that

beginners can't tell the difference between 115 & 124; get a little

experience and you will probably prefer the 147; but if you get

really good, you'll most likely prefer the 124 grain.

Seems to depend on how fast and good you are ... :cheers:

Ive been using the 124gr for quite awhile now. Been very happy with them. Not sure what you will be using them for, but they are accurate and very consistant. They are double plated so you have to load them at jacketed velocities.

They just added some 124gr hollow points to the menu also.

Ive been using the 124gr for quite awhile now. Been very happy with them. Not sure what you will be using them for, but they are accurate and very consistant. They are double plated so you have to load them at jacketed velocities.

They just added some 124gr hollow points to the menu also.

I've driven the Xtreme plated bullets well over 1200 FPS with no practical loss of accuracy or leading in factory glock barrels.

I don't care for 115gr in 9mm for anything. I don't like the way they feel and they take more powder than the other weights, which is less economical. I like 124gr for most shooting and 147gr for ultrasoft loads.

RMR's bullets are repackaged Xtreme brand. That's the plated bullet of choice for me. I don't use Rainier or Berry's anymore.

I have used the RMR 147's but mostly in 9X23 at velocities from 1175 to a bit over 1200fps. They shoot very well and accurately with no problems at those speeds in that caliber. I have several thousand of the 124grn bullets as well, but have not used them yet, but will probably try them mostly in 9X19. Since the 9X19 was originally designed for a round nosed bullet of approximately 124grns, and it has an internal taper designed to produce decent velocity with that bullet weight, most people find that 124grn bullets shoot really well out of their own 9X19 guns at velocities at or near 1100fps. Since the RMR/Extreme bullets are recommended for jacketed velocities it makes sense to use them thus.

I just got a SAR B6P compact in 9mm & have not gotten out to the range yet, but...

I will eventually be reloading for it & am interested if anyone here has any experience with this pistol,

which is basically a CZ75 clone. I gather that a 124-125 grain bullet is preferred over a 115 gr.

I have a lot of HP-38 and WSF powders on hand, and will probably be using plated bullets, most likely from HSM/IQMetals.

Any hints or suggestions will be appreciated.