Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

rocky mt reloading 9mm bullets

glock23guy

I have used several thousand RMR plated bullets of 9mm and 40cal varieties with good results. Are they the best buy? That depends on what you are doing with them, but as far as plated go, they are excellent bullets. Less expensive lead can many times be used instead though, and you might consider them for some uses for 1/2 to 2/3 the cost. If plinking and target shooting is your choice, then lead bullets can provide excellent accuracy as well as economy with the right powders.

I've shot about 2500 of the 124gr's from them have about another 500 left to load up. Going to pick up another 1k as it's winter time indoors and can't shoot my home cast bullets.

They seem to be a good value especially their new lower prices.

I'm too new to comment on the quality and how they shoot. I bought some for plinking and getting my feet wet with reloading. I got 4K 9mm 115g from them and the tolerances seem to be good for size and weight. So I went ahead and ordered 3K .40/10mm 180g.

The price was right and shipping was unbelievably fast.

they are Berrys

This is the first I heard that Xtreme's were Berry's. I've seen on different threads, that RMR are resold XTremes. Reminds me of Euclid's' "Things which are equal to the same things are equal to each other." So if RMR are the same as Berry's and RMR are the same as XTremes, then RMR, Extreme and Berry's are the same bullet.

For a differing opinion, I've also heard, folks say that Xtreme plating is a few mil's thicker than Berry's which would seem to dispel that they are the same.

Be nice if these distributors would fess up. Make comparing reload data that much easier.

they are Berrys

This is the first I heard that Xtreme's were Berry's. I've seen on different threads, that RMR are resold XTremes. Reminds me of Euclid's' "Things which are equal to the same things are equal to each other." So if RMR are the same as Berry's and RMR are the same as XTremes, then RMR, Extreme and Berry's are the same bullet.

For a differing opinion, I've also heard, folks say that Xtreme plating is a few mil's thicker than Berry's which would seem to dispel that they are the same.

Be nice if these distributors would fess up. Make comparing reload data that much easier.

In my opinion, RMR and Extreme appear to be the same but neither of those appear to be Berry's to me.

What would be a good starting point using power pistol with these bullets

This is my data unique to my guns, so please back it off for the starting load and go carefully and make sure the OAL is compatible with your weapon.

Xtreme (RMR) 115gr Plated @1.150, Federal SPP

5.3gr PP

1175 AV

18ES

7SD

135.5 Power Factor

Xtreme (RMR) 124gr Plated @1.150, Federal SPP

5.0gr PP

1104 AV

37ES

14SD

137 PF

These are more powerful than necessary for minor PF, but were created to reliably cycle stock glocks with factory recoil assemblies. For what it is worth, I find that the Xtreme plated bullets work very well in factory glock barrels, as the plating is very thick.

Also, be careful with your crimp- crimp as if you were shooting cast lead unless you want to mangle the plating.

In all, I would not buy these bullets if real FMJ were available at a price within $10/1k, but they are available where cheap FMJs are not.