Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Nub from mn

Mick238

Hello everyone. New guy here from the white bear lake area north of St. Paul. I have yet to compete in any shooting event but am working to give seething a shot and eventually get a 3 gun set up.

I own a few pistols but the only full sized model is a SR1911 so maybe I should be looking for some sort of single stack event to try out.

Maybe even finding a match I could just go watch before I try competing.

I didn't see any location sub forums so I'm not sure if there is a place where all the MNers hang out but what's the best way to find matches around here? Is the season pretty much shut down now that winter is here?

Any other random thoughts?

Welcome! It looks like the MN page is http://www.mnuspsa.org/. If you go to uspsa.org & click on the find clubs & select MN there is a list of clubs that should be in the MN section.

I would check that out & see if there is anything for new shooters in your area. Definitely check out a match.

I found that it helped to follow along mentally with the range commands to become familiar with them as they were being given to the shooters.

Welcome! It looks like the MN page is http://www.mnuspsa.org/. If you go to uspsa.org & click on the find clubs & select MN there is a list of clubs that should be in the MN section.

Welcome! The calendar in the link above is OK. You're pretty close to Oakdale's range which runs USPSA on Thursdays on the summer. If you're willing to drive a little around the metro, you can shoot USPSA about 4x a week in the summer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey guys thanks for the welcome and the info.

I saw that Pine Island match on one of the calendars but was headed the wrong way for the weekend. I'm thinking there is a chance I can swing by the St Francis match on the 16th. I'll have to look into that a bit.

haha flex, I guess normally I call noobs nubs. Who knows why haha