Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Harbor Freight 3LB Rock Tumbler Review

aqaty2e2.jpg

I got this microwave steamer bowl that comes with a strainer to catch all the brass... Holds about 3 quarts of water made by Tupperware... Good for about 400 pieces of 9mm brass or 125 - 308 brass

Pour strain rinse and dump SS pins back into tumbler

Edited by 1sickPuppy

I found it at a local thrift store thumbing through all the plastic containers....

It might be Tupperware but not sure cause there were no labels...

Let me check the brand when I get home...

Edited by 1sickPuppy

That's the one, thanks for the links.... Worst case get a collider and an empty bucket, I'm sure the wife won't mind at all.....

I've been using this to seperate, can't sling pins all over with it. Just crank for a little longer than usual to get most of water off and then into the walnut with Nu-Finish for final polish.

Berry's makes them, I got mine at Cabellas

s7_214213_999_01_zps5f2e3784.jpg

Edited by Steve RA

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I put around 80-85 at the most in mine.

How many do you load in one sitting?

This is where I just 'don't get it' - I load 5-600 9mm on up at a time, and usually at least a few hundred .223, although I'm waiting to clear some time for a marathon session and loading a few thousand of each.

That would take me ages just to get 'ooh, shiny!' brass, then longer waiting for it to dry thoroughly, etc.

I can see the appeal on the bigger systems, but then anything outside of home-made makes it a bit questionable bang for the $..

?

I usually load 300-500 at a time. Normally what I do, is I go on a big cleaning spree so I get a stash built up prior to needing it.

I also use a cheap toaster oven to speed up drying time as well.

Summer time is the easiest for me as I can just dump everything out on a blanket on the driveway and let the sun work for me.

I like mind so far. I chose to go the wet rumbling method to avoid the dust in my apt.

Hour with brass media gets me this...

The drying was an issue until i put 200 cases in a tin ammo can and hit it with hair dyer, close it shut, rotate, reheat. Done. Dry in about 15 min

post-44727-0-11647100-1398540888_thumb.j

Been using the HF Rock Tumber for a few months now words great.

After I rinse off the cases, I take my air compressor and blow the extra water off then let them sit out to fully dry. No need for oven.

• 2 weeks later...

Not to hi-jack a thread but I recently bought the new Frankford Arsenal Rotary tumbler and have been very pleased with the results. Not normally a fan of most products from Frankford Arsenal but this tumbler is very nice. It comes with the SS media, has a timer built in, and seems well built. I can get about 1300-1400 .40s cases at a time and I have done about 900-1000 300 blackout cases at a time.