Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Limbsaver for Ace Stock

mwx40x40

While watching 3GNation Timney Trigger's has an ad with Keith Garcia in it. His rifle looks like it has a Limbsaver recoil pad on it. I went to Limbsaver's website and they show they have a slip on pad, however, the one on Garcia's rifle does not look to be a slip on. Does anyone know how the Limbsaver pad is mounted on his rifle? I do not need it for recoil, but was hoping to extend my fixed Ace stock a little bit.

40x40

When I first starts shooting skeet a lot I experimented to get proper lengh of pull with my 11-87. I didn't want to spend a bunch of money on an adjustable stock at the time. As you know he Remington stocks are pretty short on the field guns.

I used 1/4" spacers cut from nylon Sheeting led over from another project. Plexiglas would probably work too. For the pad I used a standard kick-eez recoil pad from brownells. I used a 1/2" pad on that gun. They com in 1/4" increments and several styles. I am fond of the clays style because it is tapered at the top for a quick mount. I also have one on a hard kicking 9.3x62 rifle. Good pads that last. Easy to fit if you have a palm sander and a little patience. Start with 80 grit paper for shaping. Use 220 for final finish.

Hope this helps ya with an alternative approach

-John