Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New grips on the 627

RussB

I use a pair of those on my 625 with major. They feel a bit odd to my weak hand but do seem to help recoil and control.

With the Big Butts I can shoot major quite a bit longer before splitting the base of my thumb. Wood grips beat my thumb base up too much, so I settled on Hogue Rubber Grips with the finger grooves dremeled off.

But with my 627 and minor I'm using a pair of square butt Miculek grips with skate board tape on the sides and they feel and work good.

The Big Butt of the Hogue grips seem to give the off hand a ledge that the grip recoils into your hand, helping by absorbing more of the recoil and muzzle flip into your off hand. But your wrist isn't torqued down as much as with regular grips and that twisting also helps control recoil. So with heavy recoil they're great, with light recoil I'm not sure it's any better, but definitely not worse, than other grips.

If NRA Action Pistol would allow the Big Butts for Production I'd switch to them for my 627. So for simplicity I won't at this time.

Edited by pskys2