Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Briley P9/Tangfolio Match Grade Barrel at Powerfactor Shooting

Was ordering some stuff from PowerFactor Shooting and saw this:

http://www.powerfactorshooting.com/Briley_p9_barrel_p/briley-barrel-p9-tangfolio.htm

It seems like this could be fitted to a Tanfo Limited (with the bushing), standard, longslide, or used with a compensator to make an open gun. Is that thinking correct? The picture is really bad and it is hard to see the details.

My experience with Briley barrels (actually all of their products) is extremely positive so I would expect them to make a fine barrel for the Tanfo.

That's very interesting, I've never seen this before. I wonder what OD they are? From the description "Note: Picture is of a 6" barrel with bushing for fitting on to a SPO1 Barrel" I might think the OD is 12.75mm? since SP01 barrels are 14mm OD. Tanfoglio barrels are 14mm (small frame) and 15mm OD (large frame). I think I'll write them an email right now...

KneelingAtlas - I knew I could count on you to figure this out! It would be awesome to have another barrel choice besides going through EAA.

Sean Gaines is a member here and has a vendor's forum for Powerfactor Shooting and has been very helpful to me in the past. I've placed a few orders from him and the service was very good. He even had Briley special make a full length guide rod for an old open gun I was running, and I got it in about 10 days. Maybe Briley would make the barrel OD to spec upon request. Not sure if the lugs would be compatible, though.

FYI,we are in the process of making Tangfoglio barrels, and will be making CZ barrels for SPO1(In the pipeline). We are going to make them with the proper OD so that there is minimal fitting required to make them work. More details to follow...

Sean, thanks for chiming in.

Having another option for Tanfo barrels be awesome. Just an fyi - it seems the stock 38 super barrels have large chambers which bulge the brass (at least the Witness I have does, and I hear that isn't unusual). I would consider replacing it with a better barrel with a tighter chamber if you'all start making them that way.

Standing by for more details....

• 2 weeks later...

I have a briley P9 barrel put in my P9 40 and they did it right in their shop (Briley that is) right by beltway 8 here in Houston. Nice barrel, fits well and never really had an issue with it. It is a 6" long slide if I remember right and it sticks out a bit past the normal length of the slide.

FYI,we are in the process of making Tangfoglio barrels, and will be making CZ barrels for SPO1(In the pipeline). We are going to make them with the proper OD so that there is minimal fitting required to make them work. More details to follow...

AWESOME !