Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

No Shoots

Craig N

Did USPSA ever have black stripes on white targets for no shoots or is that an IPSC thing?

Back in the "old" days we used to do it. In fact I have a hardboard template we used for years hanging in my garage. It fell out of favor in USPSA once white backed targets were the rule rather than the exception. The primary reason was it was very easy to miss a no-shoot hit in the black.

At the IPSC Nationals we were told to put a red X on all the no-shoots. We will make a nice template for next year.

Jay

I shot IPSC back in the early 90s then the club here went to USPSA at some point after I stopped shooting. I was remembering about some of those early matches and I remembered the big black X on a white target. I even had a t shirt made with a big black X as a funny. We were talking the other day at a match with some new to USPSA shooters and told them that white was the no shoot like how IDPA has hands for no shoots. Just got me to thinking about when that all changed or if it was just a uspsa to ipsc change.