Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Henning firing pin for stock2

b18prl

FYI Guys,

I found something very helpful to us that shoot stock2 but would like to make the thing runs 100% on any primers.

Here's a scoop:

I had my gun done by a reputable stock2 gunsmith using Eric's pin and hammer my d/a is at 6.5lb and my s/a is at 2.5lb very crisp no complaint there but since the primers shortage have caused us problem I happened to have boat load of tula primers as we all know they're pretty hard. So I used stock hammer spring for practice and 14lb for major matches but it runs on Federal primers only. Then I found out from a source at one of the class I took to use henning' pin because it'll eat anything but not production legal since there's no firing pin block. Make the long story short, I just got off the phone with Henning and was told to wait another month for his new pin to come out. It's gonna be uspsa legal just like Eric's pin but will be ignite more reliably.

I already put my order so should you,

Pat

I did a trigger job for a buddy using the lightest main spring from wolff cut 2 coils and his ignites Tula primers. Though i did cut some coils from the firing pin spring. Is Eric's hammer production legal already?

John, I got it from Bodkin. I used Eric's hammer at the ipsc National last week, I'm sure it'd bee ok with uspsa.

Thanks. I got one from EG when it came out. Good to know its good to go with IPSC.

Now I just need to try Henning's pin, hope it works.

The little bird told me he's been using Henning's firing pin on his practice gun and told me to get one so I called Henning but they're out of stock on the original ones but will come out with an update version for us stock2 within a month or so, I told Arik about it today too.