Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

26" barrel with +7 tube ok?

MetropolisLake

Thinking of selling my FN SLP and building a Benelli SBE II that I have. However I measured it last night, and basically the barrel is what I would measure at 25", which I assume should be a 26". If I put a +7 tube on it, the tube will be about 1" past the end of the barrel, close to even if I get an extended choke. Is there anything wrong with this setup? It points real nice right now but I don't know how a +7 tube will affect that.

Go for it --- A +7 tube fully loaded “might” have a little more noticeable weight out front, but once you fire a couple of rounds it weighs about the same as a +5 (ie; I don’t think you’ll notice it at all after the buzzer goes off). Now that so many matches are letting you load up the tube after the start the +7 and + 9 tubes (or even more) are the big thing.

Sure has been a lot of talk about the SBE around here lately. I might have to dust off my old HK SBE and run it next year.

Go for it --- A +7 tube fully loaded “might” have a little more noticeable weight out front, but once you fire a couple of rounds it weighs about the same as a +5 (ie; I don’t think you’ll notice it at all after the buzzer goes off). Now that so many matches are letting you load up the tube after the start the +7 and + 9 tubes (or even more) are the big thing.

I didn't explain this well, sorry. I'm not worried about the weight when full for 3-gun, mostly just the length. I already have an FN with an 8 round tube so I know about how the weight feels. I'm mostly worried about it when largely empty if I go to the local skeet club or hunting. Right now it swings real nice and is super-pointable and I'm afraid of ruining that. Maybe it's a non-issue, and maybe it can be swapped back easily if it is, I'm not sure. 90% or more of the time if I am shooting it, it will be swinging at flying clays at the skeet club so I don't want to ruin that.

Edited by MetropolisLakeOutfitters

I have a 26'' barrel on my FN SLP, it is a ribbed barrel 10 times better than the barrel that comes on the SLP.

Those things do kinda suck don't they. Are they worth anything used like on gunbroker?

I sold my old barrel for $100 on ARFcom.

Here is a 21" Benelli that will hold 12 shells in the tube. 26" will not be a problem if you are worried about length past the barrel.

A856E438-4283-468C-B5B1-9CEE3329F83A-669

I shot a clay benefit match with it a few weeks ago. Hit 89/100 (41/50 on doubles) so I don't think it will be a problem either. :)