Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Win and FC NT head stamp 9mm brass

Nghthwk1911

OK, so I am having an issue seating CCI primers in these two head stamped brass, I know the FC NT brass is crimped, and I expect that.

But I have not even had an issue with Winchester brass before. Is this something new that WIN is crimped vs Winchester is not?

Can I or Should I swag these, Not using a 1050, so I would need to do each one.

Those all look crimped to me. A Dillon Super Swage is the just the ticket to fix them. If I'm running brass that I haven't fully processed/sorted/etc. I keep it on the bench and just pop the case out, swage the pocket, put it back, seat and continue on. It's really maddening dealing with crimped pockets.

Some new "WIN" are crimped i think those apply to those narrow stamped WIN... i wouldn't worry much on the WIN but the "FC NT" are a pain.... I would however suggest go with win and seat the primers by feel... If you are using a RL550 or XL650 you know what i mean by seating the primers by feel... FC NT needed to be swage - i always set these kind of brass for winter loading...

Federal Non-Toxic I have dealt with but if new Winchester brass is getting crimped that will be real pain for us not loading on a 1050.

I met a guy at the range a couple of months ago that was giving me his brass. He was shooting a couple of boxes of Winchester White Box 9mm. I noticed that the brass on ground was WCC NATO brass and asked to look in the boxes of un-shot ammo. BOTH boxes were WCC purchased from a local Wal-Mart. I haven't noticed this since, but I hate to think Winchester will be crimping more of their new brass and worse yet not stamping it different from their non-crimped brass

Maybe Winchester is getting a commission from Dillon for every Super Swage and or Super 1050 being sold :surprise:

Those Win look like they have large flash holes and pocket crimps. Those are both common for factory brass loaded with non-toxic primers. Has Winchester totally switched over (and stopped marking the brass Win NT)?

Federal Non-Toxic I have dealt with but if new Winchester brass is getting crimped that will be real pain for us not loading on a 1050.

I met a guy at the range a couple of months ago that was giving me his brass. He was shooting a couple of boxes of Winchester White Box 9mm. I noticed that the brass on ground was WCC NATO brass and asked to look in the boxes of un-shot ammo. BOTH boxes were WCC purchased from a local Wal-Mart. I haven't noticed this since, but I hate to think Winchester will be crimping more of their new brass and worse yet not stamping it different from their non-crimped brass

Maybe Winchester is getting a commission from Dillon for every Super Swage and or Super 1050 being sold :surprise:

can it be... Winchester is crimping their brass because of our government is mandating it ?

can it be Winchester is crimping their brass because our government is mandating it ???