Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Possible syrac issue

mwf008

First trip to the range today to tune my new syrac gas block. With the gas block all the way closed, the bolt still locks back. Seems to be the opposite problem that most are having. Is this acceptable? I'm running a jp lmos bc, rolling thunder comp, lightened buffer and light recoil spring. The load is 25 gr of varget with 55 gr hornady. I understand varget is not an optimum powder for smaller 223 bullets; is the load part of the cause? Thanks for your replies.

Something doesn't add up...

Mine will fully cycle only 1 turn out with PMC bronze and no lube. Also the instructions state to tune the block with a dry carrier, just in case you didnt know.

Im running an 18" rifle gas with BCM full auto carrier. Not very helpful, but just to give you an idea of how other setups are working.

How does it feel with those settings? I know the drill for setting up an adjustable gas block, but if it is getting just enough at that setting and feels good, why mess with it? I find it really hard to believe that with it fully closed that it could be OVER gassed.

It's a mid length gas system on an 18 inch barrel. The gun feels great, was just looking for feedback or tips on why it's got so much gas with the block all the way in. Hey latech, where are you from? I graduated latech in 07, I'm guessing that's what your handle is from...

I've had 2 mid length gas guns that would still lock back with the gas block as far in as it would go. Both were with PRI gas blocks, Jp lmos carriers, carbine buffers. One is a STI rifle I won with a 16" mid barrel. The other was a 16" Wilson barrel.

As long as the gun feels good and runs, then go with it.

I graduated from latech in '06. Good to see a few bulldogs on here.