Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CCW chest holster

ErikW

Erik;

I use a chest holster made by Survival Sheath Systems for hiking and biking, and I really like it.Survival Sheath Systems

It stays clear of my hydration system and/or backpack, can be easily concealed beneath a fleece vest or windshell and has enough straps to make it infinitely customizable as to where the holster hangs. What I really like is that the holster can be adjusted to hang pretty tightly against the chest and not flop around. I can still use a back-mounted fanny pack while biking wit this holster, too.

I specified my holster "gun butt down/right," as I hate things that go bang pointing at my head!

Still and all, I opt for a revolver for backcountry carry. I use an S&W 296 TiLite .44 Special snubby with 200-gr SilverTips. I consider this one of the best backcountry guns ever made. A J-frame in a chest holster would be pretty invisible under almost any clothing.

Give this one a try!

mb

PS: I also like the SafePackers for non-strenuous activities.

Why not make an attachment to your camelbak? BTW, camelbak can save your life if you land on your back. There have been people that were ejected from their bikes to land on their backs on top of rocks. The bladders ruptured, but absorbed the impact.

That'd freak me the hell out. Land on my back, then feel cold and wet. Instant shock for me... but at least I'd be alive!!! :)

Oh yeah, but I gotta get the turbo boost to make the most of those 'sheen guns and declare Jihad on balloons.

Movies plural? They made more than one? God help us. Actually, Delta Force was Chuck Norris and Lee Marvin. The spandex riders on the sheengun-sickles with Barry Bostwick were, um, Omega Force? Lemme check...

No, it's MegaForce!

mfbikes.jpgmfballoons.jpg

MegaForce bikes

mfguerera.jpg

Ace Hunter (left) modeling some sort of chest holster

Megaforce review, highly recommended

That's my setup as of this afternoon. Still waiting for the HRP Elbow Jackets.

I had to hang the SafePacker a little low on the chest because the top flap opens upward. There's a gun in it in the picture.

Why do I need two?

The snow finally melted and I went for a ride today. I was in such a rush I forgot my G17. DOH! But I had my 26 with me and used it. It was held securely, despite some nasty whoops and general banging around. Having the SafePacker hang a little below the armor wasn't ideal, as it would hit me in the leg. Also, I realized the muzzle points at my femoral artery from time to time.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Just an update on why I choose to carry out in the boonies of Nevada....

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=545550

It's a nine-page thread, but the gist of it is: some crazy old coot shoots at riders near his property, not far from Reno.

S5000911.jpg

The safepacker is working well. I had a huge yard sale crash earlier this year and it held the gun securely.