Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Colt Government Model 45 Rail Gun

Jlord1169

The Colt 1911 45 is the best single stack you will buy. I own three and would not sell any of them. Colts 1911 have very hard steel. One gunsmith told me the slide is unbelievable hard. I have one which was made 1917 and it shoots everything. Good Luck.

You will never regret buying that pistol.

The Colt 1911 45 is the best single stack you will buy. I own three and would not sell any of them. Colts 1911 have very hard steel. One gunsmith told me the slide is unbelievable hard. I have one which was made 1917 and it shoots everything. Good Luck.

You will never regret buying that pistol.

It really doesn't have a whole lot to do with hardness, and really, the frames aren't that hard. The key is that they are forged from quality steel. As for the new rail guns, they are typical Colt, which means quality parts, but mediocre fit and finish. You get a loose slide to frame fit, hit or miss barrel fit, and crappy trigger. At least that was the case with the three or four I've seen and handled. Not a great deal for the price, but not unreasonable. And certainly a good base if you plan to customize.

If your heart is set on one, I would look at all of their inventory and scrutinize each part and see if it was fitted correctly, check the slide to frame fit, blending etc, make sure that its rock solid when it comes to this. and then if you want to purchase, do so. Its your money. The reason I say look at all of the guns in his inventory, is because one gun maybe tighter (slide to frame) than another etc.

I remember when I was a kid, my father would make the gun dealer bring all his inventory out so he could look at all of the wood stocks, so he could make a decision based on how the wood would look like (yeah along time ago), because at that time x,y,z company would hand fit each stock. Now if the stock doesn't fit they just chunk it to the side, since they are made of plastic.

Well I took your advice and the slide wasn't that tight and the trigger was terrible. That's was his last one in stock. I'm going to another LGD tomorrow who's has many colt 1911 in stock. He did have a Kimber that I liked. However I've always wanted a Colt 1911 45 and I'm at a point in my life where I can purchase one