Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Two lots of ammo to chrono at major match

kevin c

Am I right in my understanding that, if I bring two different lots of ammunition to, say, the Nationals, so long as I submit samples of both at collection time at the start of the match, or, if I start with only one chrono'd and have to go to the other during the match, I can go back to chrono to check the second, and if both lots meet declared PF, I'm good for using one or the other or both?

Different bullet, different powder. I normally wouldn't do this, but one of the two lots of match ammo I made up is questionable, and my press is down (luckily I loaded well in advance), so I have to bring two lots to be sure I have enough.

Different bullet, different powder. I normally wouldn't do this, but one of the two lots of match ammo I made up is questionable, and my press is down (luckily I loaded well in advance), so I have to bring two lots to be sure I have enough.

Kevin,

questionable how? Safety concern, or on the ragged edge of power factor? Talk to chroinoduded before the match, explain the situation, and see if he'll chrono your loads (unofficially) out of both your primary and your backup gun. Then shoot the gun with faster velocities in the match.....

If it's safety -- look into your options.....

• 3 weeks later...

Update:

Spoke to ChronoMan himself before the Production Nationals. His take on it was that I should submit one sample. The other could be tested if the second lot of ammo gets used and if so desired by any match official at any time deemed necessary, but that automatic testing is not expected nor done.

• 4 weeks later...

28. An initial sample of eight rounds of ammunition will be collected from each
competitor at a time and place determined by Match Officials. Match
Officials may require that a competitor’s ammunition be retested at any time
during the match and may collect further samples as necessary.

if the ammo is in your possession it is subject to be randomly selected by what ever selection criteria the match is using . IAW appendix C. no requirement to submit more rounds out of a new box. However there is also nothing that would prevent a match official from requesting more rounds if they see you head back to your truck to get a different box of ammo after the 8 round sample has been collected.
Chrono is basically there to keep the honest honest, just make sure it all meets power and you wont have any worries.