Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

My blog is up, FWIW...

Chris G...you're right!!!

outerlimits...oh god, my history with rental cars is...perhaps not all it should be. Do you refer to the rental car I "lost" in New Orleans, or the one I "misplaced" somewhere in south Arkansas/north Louisiana? Or perhaps the one totalled by a drunken cowboy in Dallas when I was there for the USPSA Nationals many moons ago (that one almost ended me up in the Dallas pokey, when I began shouting at the local cop after he referred to the accident, which turned my rental into a giant bookend and left his FRIEND'S Chevy pick-up a pile of debris in the middle of an intersection, as a "minor collision" with less than $500 damage? When he slapped me up against the side of the squad car and said, "Where do you think you are? This is Texas, boy!!!"). Or maybe the rental that taught me the inescapable fact that Geo Metros make lousy off-road vehicles? Imagine that.

To all the rental companies out there, I'm sorry...really. I am the soul of moderation these days...plus, I don't do off-the-wall magazine articles anymore, so I'm less inclined to be doing REALLY STUPID STUFF on a professional basis. Plus plus, thank heavens for the "supplementary insurance"...$12 a day and you get to go home).

mb

Chris G...you're right!!!

outerlimits...oh god, my history with rental cars is...perhaps not all it should be. Do you refer to the rental car I "lost" in New Orleans, or the one I "misplaced" somewhere in south Arkansas/north Louisiana? Or perhaps the one totalled by a drunken cowboy in Dallas when I was there for the USPSA Nationals many moons ago (that one almost ended me up in the Dallas pokey, when I began shouting at the local cop after he referred to the accident, which turned my rental into a giant bookend and left his FRIEND'S Chevy pick-up a pile of debris in the middle of an intersection, as a "minor collision" with less than $500 damage? When he slapped me up against the side of the squad car and said, "Where do you think you are? This is Texas, boy!!!"). Or maybe the rental that taught me the inescapable fact that Geo Metros make lousy off-road vehicles? Imagine that.

To all the rental companies out there, I'm sorry...really. I am the soul of moderation these days...plus, I don't do off-the-wall magazine articles anymore, so I'm less inclined to be doing REALLY STUPID STUFF on a professional basis. Plus plus, thank heavens for the "supplementary insurance"...$12 a day and you get to go home).

mb

c'mon michael...chronicle them all!!!! according to matt b, yer a legend!

Rhino;

Together, you and I will march forcefully into the future, shooting IDPA matches and terrifying match directors everywhere.

You know, I'm really in the mood to write a western [not to change the subject], but I will be lynched if I don't finish the sequel to ALL NIGHT RADIO. Plus, the sex stuff is pretty good, if I do say so myself. My women readers liked it, too.

RE: Matt B., HE is the true legend, if for no other reason than his awesome commentary at the Olympic Shooting Center a couple of years back. If practical shooting had three or four Matt B.'s, it wouldn't need *ME* to put it on television!!!

mb

Re: MattB ... you really have to admire such an excellent application of the "Emperor's New Clothes" principle. I like to serve that role when I can, but the story of him zinging those Olympic shooting guys is an all-time classic.

Re: your writing priorities ...

Yes, I shall lead the lynch mob if I don't see a sequal published and in my hands in the near future. I recently read Failure Drill by James Tarr and it was an excellent read, which made me want to see the first sequel to All Night Radio even more!

That reminds me ... I need to send Al Voth some e-mail and harass him about the next book in his B Zone series ... ;)

Of course, I should practice what I preach. I have an 80% unfinished story to complete ... :rolleyes:

Go ahead...beg!

Not gonna do it! You're just taunting me, because begging won't help! I've tried in the past! :lol:

At least you have an excuse for not having thirty novels completed already! You're actually busy with other work. I'm just lazy! ;)