Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

.22LR conversion kit and last shot fired

Intercooler2

I have both sets of mags. The mag spring isn't strong enough to lock the slide back unless you make your slide stop spring super light.

I cut the slide stop engagement nub off all my .22 mags anyway. They seemed to drag on the mag a little.

My .22 conversion is running awesome. Its going to be put to the test Saturday at the Idaho Ruger Rimfire Challenge.

I made several extended firing pins but I kept having issues with it coming out of battery too early and leaving deposits in the chamber with light hammer springs. Then after 30 round or so it would start misfeeding.

So I went back to an 18 with one coil cut off and it's been running great.

I did have to shave the top of the mags because they were dragging on the slide.

Geez, nealio you had do a lot to your conversion to make it run? I bought a 9mm .22 kit 2 years ago literally weeks before they stopped making them. But anyway when I got mine I cleaned all that funky factory grease off of it. And took it the the range both calibers shoot AMAZING I tuned the 9mm with a new trigger and a few other things. That also benefited the .22 conversion. But really I haven't had to play with any of the springs or the mags and it runs like a champ. Especially with high dollar ammo ;) !

But either way no the slide does not lock back. But I find mind I just shoot till click. Then drop, shove, rack, bang! XD

Edited by george76904

I have both sets of mags. The mag spring isn't strong enough to lock the slide back unless you make your slide stop spring super light.

I cut the slide stop engagement nub off all my .22 mags anyway. They seemed to drag on the mag a little.

My .22 conversion is running awesome. Its going to be put to the test Saturday at the Idaho Ruger Rimfire Challenge.

I personally saw this conversion in action just blowing through ammo like it was no big deal. You've got the beast running like clockwork. I take back what I said about conversions and am no longer looking or a buckmark.... haha