Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Nordic end caps

glock34shooter

Gents

I bought an M2 and I have a +5 tube that gives me 8 total. I would like to know if a XXL end cap is long enough to fit and extra shell in for a total of 9.

Matt

You might want to check out what Roulette Tactical has come up with for the old style Nordic tubes. +1 and +2 caps.

http://shop.roulettetactical.com/

I'm playing with their +2 and it works great with stock spring and follower on a 24" JM 930. :cheers:

After running a few tubes thru my Roulette +2 I look forward to adding a +1 to my range bag.

http://shop.roulettetactical.com/Standard-Nordic-Caps_c3.htm

Roulette Tactical is great to deal with and true fans of the sport.

I read on this forum it's good to be able to select 9, 10 or 11 before the match depending how stages are designed.

What's funny is that the +2 worked with the factory spring. The mag loaded easy and shot all eleven without any problems.

The factory spring (thinner wire) sticks out 13" above tube and I had to cut a new Wolff XP spring (thicker wire) to 11" before it would work.

I have a Nordic low drag follower that's too long to allow +2, same thing happened when I tried the Nordic XXL cap that my friend loaned me.

I'll trim that followed down and it should work just fine.

Not seeing a reason to buy the Roulette (besides the +2) when the NCs are available..although it looks like the colored caps are on sale...if you can sort which one fits your specific shotgun.

It would be nice if they added in the length of their +1 and +2s on the website, though.

Not seeing a reason to buy the Roulette (besides the +2) when the NCs are available..although it looks like the colored caps are on sale...if you can sort which one fits your specific shotgun.

It would be nice if they added in the length of their +1 and +2s on the website, though.

When the XXL cap was impossible to find and Nordic was telling me to just buy their new MXT tube, cap and spring I was a little disappointed with them. I wanted a $20 cap not $50+ for the other stuff. Then Roulette quickly replied to my request with a "heck yes, we can do that" answer. Who do you think I'd recommend?

Yes, the XXL is cheaper than the +1. Yes, Nordic is a great sponsor to many match's and shooters should support them.

But if someone wants a +1 and +2 they can get it for one shipping price from Roulette.

The XXL caps will add a round to an old style tube. The XXL caps won't fit on the new MXT tubes.

Shooters Source has extended caps for the new MXT style tubes.

http://www.theshooterssource.com/black-extended-nordic-tubes-p-20082.html

Ahh, right, NC doesn't make extended caps for the new MXT tubes. That one makes a lot of sense, in that case, thanks!

When the XXL cap was impossible to find and Nordic was telling me to just buy their new MXT tube, cap and spring I was a little disappointed with them. I wanted a $20 cap not $50+ for the other stuff. Then Roulette quickly replied to my request with a "heck yes, we can do that" answer. Who do you think I'd recommend?

Yes, the XXL is cheaper than the +1. Yes, Nordic is a great sponsor to many match's and shooters should support them.

But if someone wants a +1 and +2 they can get it for one shipping price from Roulette.

Yeah, I really didn't like that one (go buy a new $$ MXT kit) either, so I can understand that. Unless there's actually some parts interchange, which I don't think there is, the new MXT setups run $80.

Still wish they'd improve their site item details. If I'm not wrong, you can go here, select blue or red, type: Nordic, and get a Nordic end cap for $13?

http://shop.roulettetactical.com/Plus-1-Shotgun-Cap-RT0002-R-B-1.htm

In my case, I wanted the XL and XXL vs a +1 and +2, but will keep them in mind in the future. The XL sits nearly flush with the 22" barrel (should be damned close once I get my extended chokes), and gives me 9 in the tube, assuming I'm not running unusually long shells. The XXL is basically on hand if I wind up picking up longer shells and the XL doesn't cut it. I'm not immediately looking for +2, but may well be in the future.

That's the thing. I was at a two day SG match in Sparta this year and asked the guy from SS about getting an XXL. He told me the MXT was the way to go and not everybody was getting and extra round using the XXL. (Heck no you won't get an extra round if you're using a longer, non factory, follower). He told me I didn't need to get the Mag tube nut extension, just the tube, spring and cap. That's why it was around $50 instead of the $80.

Fair deal but not what I was looking for.

My guess it that Roulette will probably make whatever shooters are looking for. The guy runs a machine shop and does this SG stuff for fun. Lucky us!

Hmm. I thought I'd read somewhere about the MXT being reversible, which would imply the same threads on either end of the tube, right?

If that's the case, seems like if an MXT tube would fit onto an 'original NC JM' magazine nut, wouldn't the original end cap then fit on the MXT tubes, as well?

Sorry if this seems OT, just could have sworn that was my understanding on the MXT.. ??

Hmm. I thought I'd read somewhere about the MXT being reversible, which would imply the same threads on either end of the tube, right?

If that's the case, seems like if an MXT tube would fit onto an 'original NC JM' magazine nut, wouldn't the original end cap then fit on the MXT tubes, as well?

Sorry if this seems OT, just could have sworn that was my understanding on the MXT.. ??

I guess we read some of the same threads. Here's how I see it. Mossberg mag tube is size "A" at both ends. then comes the mag nut "A" on one side "B" on the other. Then comes extension with "B" on one end and "C" on other.

Here comes MXT, both ends have "B" threads. Old style caps have "C" threads and won't work with MXT tubes.

And Roulette had them way before Shooter's Source, as I was the guy that designed them and had them built by the good people at Roulette.

The original extended prototype end caps for the MXT tubes are in my hands. Keith Garcia has the second prototype +2 and Kurt Miller has the second prototype +1.

The idea for the caps in red came from ogiebb, another local shooter at Rio Salado.

From making red and black caps is how the name "Roulette" came about.

When it comes to integrity, Glenn at Roulette is a first class act...

Mick

The XXL caps will add a round to an old style tube. The XXL caps won't fit on the new MXT tubes.

Edited by MickB

And Roulette had them way before Shooter's Source, as I was the guy that designed them and had them built by the good people at Roulette.

The original extended prototype end caps for the MXT tubes are in my hands. Keith Garcia has the second prototype +2 and Kurt Miller has the second prototype +1.

The idea for the caps in red came from ogiebb, another local shooter at Rio Salado.

From making red and black caps is how the name "Roulette" came about.

When it comes to integrity, Glenn at Roulette is a first class act...

Mick

It's not rocket science. It's a longer cap.

Sorry but My money goes to Shooters Source since they have been a sponsor with a tent at every major match I've shot this year.

• 5 months later...

One a +4 MXT tube on a Versamax, yes. That is what it was designed to do. On other shotgun/tube length combos, other factors will come into play such as spring length, follower length and brand of shells used.

What combination are you looking at?

Mick

The +2 worked on my JM930 with the factory spring and follower. The Nordic follower was too long and when I tried a Wolff spring the wire was so thick I had to cut it shorter than the factory spring but it did work.

I ended up just running it with the factory spring and follower.

Did you make use of their "buy one get one FREE code? "BOGO"

http://shop.roulettetactical.com/Plus-2-Standard-Nordic-Caps-RT-Nordic2.htm?productId=24

Edited by LikesToShoot

sure did. hell of a deal buy one get one free.....and the free one was the more expensive one.....badass.

Also got shipping notice with tracking # literally 15 minutes after placing the order. Incredible.

Edited by bubba04