Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Installing Roller handle on 550B

This should be a really simple answer, but I got the roller handle in the mail today and mounted it to the press. Is it supposed to be able to spin around? I've tightened the nut at the bottom with a moderate amount of force and the entire handle rotates around the mount! Is this normal or do I really have to torque on it some more?

Edit -

Never mind, I realize that it's got a o-ring thing on the nut so I used a bigger wrench and got it tight enough to not move.

Edited by TerryYu

I have been using a roller handle on my 550 for about 2 years. I guess I always thought it is designed to move around a little. That is the only thing I don't like about it. Guess what I will be doing when I get home from work.

Anybody have a problem with the roller handle contacting the shell feeder setup on the 550B? I had to turn my handle to face the floor to get it to clear it. Where the pipe bends 90 degrees hits the back of the shell feeder where it's angled. It looks like it was designed to be a close fit which is why there is an angle there but mine makes contact when the handle is horizontal. I guess I could bend the handle where it comes off the machine but I'd rather find a less brutish solution.