Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Metro Arms 2011 any experiance with these?

rtl

New guy here, been lurking for a while and now I have a question. I'm in the market for a 2011 45. This is just to have another 45, not necessarily for Limited although it will probably get used in local club Steel Challenge cause I love shooting 45s. I have been looking at Edge and Eagle leaning toward Eagle and I came across a Metro Arms Pantera STI clone at LGS. It looked well made and handled well. Anybody shooting one of these hard? Are they holding up? Are STI/SVI parts/mags interchangable?

Have handled a few samples and just recieved a shipment from the importer a week or so ago. SPS pistols are quality 2011 STI/SVI clones that have been selling in Europe and Asia since the mid to late 1990's. They were never imported into the US (outside of grey market methods), but now that patents have expired...

Edited by Middle Man

They are made in the Philippines for SPS of Spain. Cast frames, forged slides. Plastic grip from Spain. Barrel blanks from Spain (CNC turned in the Phils). Rear adj. sight is Kensight. MIM small parts.

The one I saw had a poorly fitted barrel. Had to refit and recut the barrel (uses W/N ramp design).

Since it's a clone of STI, parts and magazines are interchangeable. STI's design patent expired last year.

I visited their factory in Manila. Small shop, but pretty impressive for a company that exports to Europe and the US.

You get what you pay for.

Yes parts are interchangeable. I would get a used sti before I dropped that kind of coin on a metro though.

Thanks everyone - that's kind of what I was thinking. I'm not having much luck finding a used Eagle in 45 and my patietence issues are kicking in.

Rtl,, put out a wtb ad in the classifieds! You'd be surprised at what folks are willing to part with. When it comes to that kind of coin its best not to make hasty decisions. Don't let the $ burn a hole in your pocket!

Not enough posts to open an ad thread. I'll keep watching there.

Yeah. I have to figure out which current 1911 needs to go anyway. 1911 count in the safe needs to stay the same. My better half is pretty adament about no one needs more than 6 . . . . . unreasonable I know but after 30+ years I'm resigned to it. She doesn't care if I trade or upgrade but no more safe queens.

:-))

Yeah. I have to figure out which current 1911 needs to go anyway. 1911 count in the safe needs to stay the same. My better half is pretty adament about no one needs more than 6 . . . . . unreasonable I know but after 30+ years I'm resigned to it. She doesn't care if I trade or upgrade but no more safe queens.

If my wife tried to control my firearm purchases, there would be another kind of upgrade happening.

If my wife tried to control my firearm purchases, there would be another kind of upgrade happening.

Divorce rarely favors the man.

Thankfully my wife doesn't have an issue with me growing my collection. Just as long they get some use. And I'm ok with that.

As far as content of the safe goes, do what you're ok with. My wife don't care how much stuff I have as long as bills are paid and $ is in savings. I buy her Nice stuff every now and then so she knows I'm not just spending it on me. What I've found works best for me is set up an allotment from my paycheck that goes into my rarely used checking account. Saving and the moneys not missed.

As far as content of the safe goes, do what you're ok with. My wife don't care how much stuff I have as long as bills are paid and $ is in savings. I buy her Nice stuff every now and then so she knows I'm not just spending it on me. What I've found works best for me is set up an allotment from my paycheck that goes into my rarely used checking account. Saving and the moneys not missed.

You're a good family man bro!!!