Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Well I up and bought a new 1-6 for my 22lr trainer

stre-tch

Found a screaming deal on a 1-6 for my 22lr trainer.

Primary arms has a new 1-6 out (289.00 OTD with shipping and mount)

Should be here in 2 days :devil:

I will post more but figured to give you guys a heads up on a potentially good scope

It is a 2nd focal plane with a horse shoe reticle (think ACOG ish)

Illumination will not be daylight bright but I don't know of any that is at that price

Hopefully it will be a good scope that I can use on the trainer until I can get a Vortex 1-6

They might sell out quick if any of you are thinking about one as most of his stuff usually does :cheers:

Have no clue what value a 6x would be with a 22 ar platform. A dot is all you'll need given the range and accuracy of the ammo.

Commonality.

Reduced targets at short range.

Use different sized targets at 4x.

The commonality should be in the reticle of your into that sorta thing.

Personally I run Swarovski Z6i on my match guns and Burris Tac30's on my practice gun and .22. I don't have an issue with having the exact reticle or dot or fiber optic insert. Aligning the sights are what you are practicing.

Edited by Jesse Tischauser

Well I haven't been out to the range yet but I did get up to Cabela's last night and was able to compare the glass with other optics

Between the Burris Tac30 neither I nor the worker behind the counter was able to determine any difference between the glass.

I will say that the reticle is better on the PA 1-6

So all in all

PA = Burris Tac 30 + 2x more magnification and a better (for me) horshoe reticle

YMMV

Once I get it mounted I will take some pics

Have no clue what value a 6x would be with a 22 ar platform. A dot is all you'll need given the range and accuracy of the ammo.

Commonality.

Agreed I have my .22 set up the same as my race rifles to keep training consistent except I am using a far cheaper scope.

Pat

Spikestactical22_zps284e4e3f.jpg

Edited by Alaskapopo

Commonality.

Personally I run Swarovski Z6i on my match guns and Burris Tac30's on my practice gun and .22. I don't have an issue with having the exact reticle or dot or fiber optic insert. Aligning the sights are what you are practicing.

Yeah I don't think it's crucial to have the exact same scope. But I can see why some people would want to.

Commonality.

Yeah I don't think it's crucial to have the exact same scope. But I can see why some people would want to.

Some people's minds go haywire over things being the same. It's mind over matter if you ask me. If you don't mind it don't matter.