Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

22 conversion kits

WidowsSon683

The only difference between government, commander is the barrel/slide length, The officer's have a shorter grip. If a magazine from a full-sized gun will lock in, you should be good.

I've run my Marvel conversions on Government and commander sized frames

FYI, I purchased a Kimber .22 conversion for my two Sentry 1911's. On the .45 it would not go on completely, it was extremely tight on the frame. So I mounted it on my 9mm Sentry. It went on and was very smooth, but I couldn't get the frame pin thru. I called Kimber, and was told there was no guarantee of fit except on a Kimber. They would not let me return it. So I contacted Cabela's and they accepted my return.

The only difference between government, commander is the barrel/slide length, The officer's have a shorter grip. If a magazine from a full-sized gun will lock in, you should be good.

I've run my Marvel conversions on Government and commander sized frames

Not correct. Commander ejector is different and will prevent most Government style slides from fitting. Rails are also shorter on Commander.

Officers ACP frame should be same as Commander, with short grip.

As stated, a gov't and commander frame have different length frame rails. A commander and officers have the same frame rails but different length grip frame areas. I have a Ciener .22 commander conversion which runs fine on both my Ruger commander and my Colt Officers. The magazine is longer than the grip when used on the Officers. Keep in mind the really short 1911's (Colt Defender) are an even shorter frame and won't accommodate a commander length 22 conversion.