Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Most versatile choke tube?

Notlongago

The huge majority of my shotgun experience has been turkey hunting and the rest has been with fixed chokes, so i really don't know much about anything other than cylinder and x-full. What chokes are the most versatile, what can I safely shoot slugs out of? Buck shot? Anything you can teach me would be great!

Light mod 99.99999999999% of the time with steel.

Diffusion with an all clay/very close steel stage

I have an xtra full that i bought for one specific target at one specific range. it sometimes takes guys 3, 4, 5 shots to fall that 1" thick POS popper. so i use that choke when i see that monstrosity.

Where did all this light modified come from? I never heard of such a thing. :)

Posted 30 December 2004 - 07:13 AM

I took the hint from a 4 state sporting clay champion and stuck with light modified for EVERYTHING!!! How stuck on this am I???? I silver soldered that little sucker in! I guess I could switch chokes between stages....but I would need a torch!! KURTM

Bleeding is merely the first step in the healing process.

Fight Global Cooling...Spray Paint Targets!

I took the hint from a 4 state sporting clay champion and stuck with light modified for EVERYTHING!!! How stuck on this am I???? I silver soldered that little sucker in! I guess I could switch chokes between stages....but I would need a torch!! KURTM

jM944ZVECFTQY.jpg

Concur! Light mod for everything since then, up until Midwest 3g came up with those d@mn 4" square plates hiding among "no shoot" pistol plates :ph34r: . Just like shooting a short range rifle stage with 12 ga :surprise:

Onagoth, the problem with that is most major shotgun matches in the US limit you to #7 or #7.5.

This is news to me....thank you for bringing it to my attention. Double checking FNH rules right now

At our club, and most others near us, the biggest size I usually see allowed is #4

Edited by Onagoth

FNH is #6, RM3G and the pro-am doesn't specify. Can you clarify which matches you've seen limit shot size to 7.5?

I didn't think it was a problem, still something worth investigating though

Edited by Onagoth