Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Enlarge G34 Grip to a G21 Grip size

Why1504

I am a G21 shooter with large hands. I want to modify my G34 handle where it will fit my hand like the G21. I have looked at the Houge Handall. My thought was to add golf club grip tape to the front and rear of the grip then slip the Houge Handall over the gun. Do you think this would work? I am open to most any suggestions.

Thanks in advance.

This is assuming you have a Gen1-3 G34, correct? On a Gen4 G34, the large backstrap will get it pretty close to a G21SF. And the stock backstraps are legal as a stock item. Any chance you'd be willing to sell the Gen3 and pick up a Gen4? That's an "easy" fix.

I would rather not go this path towards a Gen 4 at first. My Gen 3 G34 is a accurate gun. My issue is that when on a stage with movement my grip will loosen. The palms of my hands are large and the thickness is at least as important as the backstrap to trigger distance. If this is the best approach, I would like to tape mine up, see how it runs, then look at moving to Gen 4. But I would really like to stay with my current gun if at all possible.

Where this really matters is when I run 3 gun. I don't mind running the 21 on USPSA (Limited 10 Major, Production, or Limited Major) or on IDPA where 10 rounds are the limiting factor (CDP, SSP, Esp) but on 3 Gun stages I find myself always changing magazines while others have the capacity to compete the stage without a mag change.

I am satisfied with my Glocks, but if I am going to buy a new gun I plan to look at other pistols beyond Glock.

Thanks!!

Edited by Why1504