Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What is the weight of the LMOS Carrier with bolt?

lucas

The Rubber City armory light ,is advertised at a little over 7 ounces with bolt.

I would bet that the weight listed is for JUST the carrier. I don't fathom how anyone could get way below the weight of the J.P. Enterprises LMOS carrier using steel.

I've emailed them for clarification on the weight.

I've said it once, I will say it again. The JP low-mass carriers use oversized rails for a reason. Don't disregard that fact.

Thank you for the information about the JP LMOS ,but I would like to hear from someone who is using the RCA carrier if they should agree to this BCG being inferior to the JP. Thanks

I've said it once, I will say it again. The JP low-mass carriers use oversized rails for a reason. Don't disregard that fact.

Thank you for the information about the JP LMOS ,but I would like to hear from someone who is using the RCA carrier if they should agree to this BCG being inferior to the JP. Thanks

You may have a hard time finding someone who has one considering that the J.P. LMOS owns the lightweight carrier market.

I would not select a carrier based on weight alone. I started with the JP carrier and the lightest buffer. using a test target I made and playing around with weights I finally settled on about a 4.3 oz buffer for the ideal weight behind my jp carrier for the least sight disruption and softest feel. Besides what Markco mentioned the PQP (or whatever they call it) finish is also another superior charictoristic of the JP Bolt carrier. And suprisingly no one mentioned yet how heavily JP supports our sport.

I've got an RCA I've used for the last two matches. Runs great still looks great. Of the tow matches RCA was a sponsor for both. They are a new company but Chris certainly is doing what he can to support three gun.

I replaced my JP Lo Mass with the RCA to give it a try. The RCA is still in the gun. I like it and it does feel a bit smoother than the JP. Don't really know why but I know I like it.

I just received an answer back from Rubber City Armory.The weight of their "lightweight" carrier is 6.4 ounces.Here is a photo of a J.P. Enterprises LMOS carrier on a laboratory scale:Picture004.jpg

UPDATE -

I received another email from Rubber City Armory, they stated that the correct weight stripped is 6.9 ounces. I'm staying with J.P. Enterprises unless someone starts offering aluminum or titanium carriers again.