Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure if I will be able to make it till match day. Any chance of showing up and registering the morning of match day?

As things look right now that should not be a problem at all. If that changes we will let you know, but understand that some people won't know if they can make it until the last minute, so will try and keep some slots open.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, we still have room for a few more. I should mention that while we foresee no issues with walk-ins right now, the price does go up to $78.00 after December 7. Thanks!

If the match fills up we will make sure everyone knows.

There will be about 300 pieces of steel. However, it is unlikely you will get to shoot at everyone of them, but some of those shots will be misses. We have not seen many people get passed 2 reloads (30 rds) on any of the stages. 300-400 should be more than enough. Accuracy generally helps you more than just blazing through these stages, 20 hits on a stage would be doing very well.

There will be about 300 pieces of steel. However, it is unlikely you will get to shoot at everyone of them, but some of those shots will be misses. We have not seen many people get passed 2 reloads (30 rds) on any of the stages. 300-400 should be more than enough. Accuracy generally helps you more than just blazing through these stages, 20 hits on a stage would be doing very well.

Whoa, wait a sec. I'm impressed that you guys have already gotten all of it set up, but are you talking about staff and ROs shooting the pre-match, or are people out there practicing the stages?

We have experimenting with a few stages to better understand the dynamics of shooting all steel in 18 seconds. However, none of the stages that will be shot will be used in the match. The stages for the match will not have been shot by anyone before. In fact the stages are only just being finalized for the match and no one will get a chance to shoot them until the match or the staff the day before the match.

Edited by PhilD

This sounds like a blast. I will be trying out a new load this weekend (assuming my gun runs in 30 degree weather). If all goes well, I'll be loading up a bunch for the match!

Did I read correctly that non-shooters can attend the shrimp boil for a fee?

Edited by JAFO

What's the match at the range on Sunday going to be like?

It will be a five stage match, two of the TSS stages, but changed a little and timed, and three 1-Alpha or 2-on-paper scored stages. Signup at 9:00 am, hammer down at 10:00 am. Should be finished by noon or 1:00 pm.

Stages look pretty good. One small tip, after shooting a few all steel stages I realized that a long sleeve shirt helps slow down those pesky bullet/jacket fragments. I'm really looking forward to the match, okay maybe a bit more for the refreshments and shrimp.

Johnny G

I want to thank everyone involved with this match, it was fun and even though my shooting didn't live up to my hopes and aspirations, it was worth the long drive to get there. The beer was cold, the shrimp were hot and tasty, and the company of the shooters and staff was enjoyable.

I had never been to Corpus Christi before, so I plan to go back when I have more time to explore the area.

Thanks again!

Thanks to everyone involved in the match, it was smooth, surprisingly quick and all of the RO's were top notch! I took the family down to Corpus so not only was I able to enjoy some great competition, but we hit the beach and even took a tour of the USS Lexington while in town.

Forgot my lucky hat so didn't shoot nearly as well as I would have liked, but will definitely look forward to this match again next year.

• 2 weeks later...

Phil it was an awesome match, thanks to all the ro's and staff that worked the match. I swear there was some sort of magnetic force field on some of those targets. My wife and myself really enjoyed the shrimp, band, and the quality beer. Our group headed next door to check out the stock car races after the match and tried to continue rehydrating. It was really cool, can't wait to shoot it next year.

Thanks again,

Johnny G.