Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Stainless Steel Mags

BiggMike

All,

I have a question. While I was watching Henning's video on loading 21 .40 S&W rounds into a mag, I noticed that his mag was stainless steel. Does anybody know who sells the stainless mags or what stainless tubs could be used. I am curious because I have the Mec-Gar magazines and I just shot a wet match and my mags started to rust a little and I want the slickness of the stainless mags. Let me know if anyone has an idea or if this question has been asked before.

I don't think Tanfoglio makes stainless mags. Many people mistake chrome for stainless and I do know they make chrome mags. however I don't think you want those mags because all the ones I have seen are the old crappy design that doesn't feed well.

You can always have your mags coated in nickel boron or something to make it low friction and rust proof. Someone had a thread on there I think talking about that a year or two ago.

I don't think Tanfoglio makes stainless mags. Many people mistake chrome for stainless and I do know they make chrome mags. however I don't think you want those mags because all the ones I have seen are the old crappy design that doesn't feed well.

You can always have your mags coated in nickel boron or something to make it low friction and rust proof. Someone had a thread on there I think talking about that a year or two ago.

Thanks for the info. I was looking at coating my mags but I wasn't sure if it was a good idea.