Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

PROMAG 42 ROUND AR15 magazine

TRUBL

I tend to think that I pretty much keep on top of things, but I guess when it comes to PROMAG, I typically pass.

I've actually been hearing some good things about this magazine....can that be true???? Am I missing something??? Or should I not even consider their 42 round magazine.

I've heard that they function well, actually very well and even drop free.

Has anyone heard bad things specifically about this magazine? I mean, I'm not sold on the company (PROMAG) by any means.

Tim

Why bother with this? Are the extensions to bring a Pmag to 48rds unavailable?

PRICE maybe ?

I got some promag 30's to sell during the panic,

I figured I'd try some , MOST of them ran fine the ones that didn't the front of the mag was just a bit high, causing FMJ to catch, ALL other rounds worked fine, about 4-5 strokes with a round file they worked 100%

Their AK 47 drum did the same, same easy fix.

Why bother with this? Are the extensions to bring a Pmag to 48rds unavailable?

Well, my company makes an extension for the PMAG Gen 3 40 rounders, to get them up to 45

I was just more suprised that I hadn't seen this on the radar. But if they split.....which is what I've been hearing more and more on other forums.....there' probably a reason why they skated under my radar.

Tim

with pmag pricing coming back to reality, not sure i'd spend the time trying out promag magazines.

Agreed.....I'm hearing that they are some what brittle and that leads to splitting. I'll stay with PMAG gen 3 40 rounders.

Tim