Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Stock II I can't imagine a better production gun

Goldenmotors

I'm not telling you what you should do, just explaining why you trigger pull is where it is. You may not like it as much if it were lighter; it's certainly not as crisp.

No i didnt mean it that way....just after thinking about it this morning i think im gonna wait until after nationals to tinker a little more, especially with hammer springs. Thanks for the info!

Edited by Prov1x

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Obscurem runs a 14lb hammer spring with his Stock II. The DA is soft and smooth like butter and the SA I would guess is 3# or maybe a little less.

Maybe he will post on here if we ask him nicely.. ;)

Obscurem runs a 14lb hammer spring with his Stock II. The DA is soft and smooth like butter and the SA I would guess is 3# or maybe a little less.

Maybe he will post on here if we ask him nicely.. ;)

I do run a 14 and I crater primers pretty hard. I could probably go lighter but I like the pull where it is. SA is down to a crisp 3ish and I think DA is rocking around 7, really smooth. I have put about 100 rounds of various defensive rounds (XTPs, HSTs, Gold Dots, maybe some others) through the pistol and I've never had a light strike. In fact I've never had a malfunction at all in the 2k I've put through it other than when I briefly experimented with a 6lb recoil spring and was cycling a bit to fast to effectively feed the next round. 8lb runs perfect for my 180 gr 40 minor loads at about 137pf, 11 lb runs great for major, and the factory 12 is perfect and surprisingly smooth for hot defensive rounds.

On the italian forum there is a how to feature on how to dissemble the Stock 2 and polish all the internal parts and dramatically decrease the DA pull if i find it i post it here

http://nuke.sardiniashootingclub.it/TanfoglioSTOCKIISmontaggioeLucidatura/tabid/191/Default.aspx

Thanks for the link...my two piece sear took a while to get the spring back in but i eventually got it. After sanding and polishing everything the double action has become very smooth.

I haven't had a chance to weigh the trigger pulls yet but after changing the springs out and before the sanding and polishing the double action was at 8.5-9#s more towards the 9#. After changing springs but before polishing the single action was at 4-4.5#. Hopefully I can get a trigger pull guage tonight or tomorrow and test them again. I'll report back with what they are now after sanding and polishing.

Edited by Prov1x