Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

almost all of my pants have broken belt loops.

supporthand

My (almost daily) dry fire practice includes many draws from a holster, and my right side belt loops are almost all broken now. I did a search and came up with O. Am I the only one ruining my pants with dry fire? Is this an indication that I am doing something wrong?

You might have the inner belt a little loose. I'm assuming you are using a rig with inner and outer belts. I don't remember ever losing a belt loop.

If you have the holster on a single belt thru the loops that may be a different story.

What holster are you running? If it can be tensioned, loosen it up. A smooth draw shouldn't make your belt move a bit.

This is just a production / IDPA rig. A blackhawk kydex paddle, heavy leather belt and (usually jeans). This is happening from many dry fire repetitions. It has not occured in a match. perhaps I need to practice with dual belt setup.

Maybe you have the retention tension on your holster a little tight.... the gun should just slide right out..... if its bringing the holster up with it and tearing the loops off your pants you might want to loosen it up slightly til there is barely any resistance.

Or, you may need to work on your draw stroke to be more vertical/smoother.

A inner/outer belt system will also help a lot and keep the equipment where its supposed to be.

You could consider getting a pair of 511 shorts or pants or something similar made by someone else. The belt loops are wider and reinforced and would probably hold up better over time.

What holster are you running? If it can be tensioned, loosen it up. A smooth draw shouldn't make your belt move a bit.

This is just a production / IDPA rig. A blackhawk kydex paddle, heavy leather belt and (usually jeans). This is happening from many dry fire repetitions. It has not occured in a match. perhaps I need to practice with dual belt setup.

If you are shooting IDPA you won't be able to use a dual belt set up and the holster has to retain the gun. However, to hold the gun upside down only requires three pounds or so of resistance. Play around with adjusting the holster just right and then work on pulling the gun straight out of the holster.