Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

IDPA legal production guns - New Rules

Onagoth

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

8.2.1.3.3 Magazine releases, slide stops, safety levers, decocking levers, hammers, and triggers, that are stock on one SSP legal firearm may be used on another SSP legal firearm from the same manufacturer provided they are drop in replacements.

The one in my book states that but adds " Special parts that are available installed only from a factory custom shop are not eligible in ssp effective 04-01-2014."

My question is then if someone has a after market trigger like apex or ZEV Tech Fulcrum Fully Adjustable Trigger that will not be legal in SSP correct after april.

I have been careful when upgrading my external parts to use OEM equipment. The drop in trigger group I used from Glocktriggers.com uses only OEM equipment. my extended slide release and extended mag release are OEM's parts. The only internal part that is non-OEM is the extended striker. I have been told that under the new rules that is legal (in IDPA). As the other poster cited above I consider that internal reliability work.

My question is then if someone has a after market trigger like apex or ZEV Tech Fulcrum Fully Adjustable Trigger that will not be legal in SSP correct after april.

I don't believe that trigger was legal even before the rule book change. There is a piece that is externally visible

A stock11 is not legal in IDPA in any division. The cone lock barrel is the reason. A limited pro is legal in ssp and ESP as well as cdp, it does not have the cone Barrell . The sp-01 shadow is legal in ssp and esp under the new rules.