Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

ezwinscore reentry not showing up

leas327

I have entered everyone's scores into the match and went back and entered the reshoots as new competitor and they were flagged as a reentry. But when I go to enter their reentry scores they don't show up in the competitor list. When I look up the missing score sheets the reentrys show up as needing scores entered and they show up in the results as reentry and 0% score.

What am I doing wrong and how do I fix it?

You're not doing anything, and there's nothing to fix :)

Re-entries don't show up in the match results, because it's for the purpose of re-shooting classifiers. Only the main entry counts as a score.

Now, if you're entering somebody twice, for instance, if they're shooting the match as two entries, say single stack for one division and revolver for another, you don't class them as a re-entry.

Closing and reopening worked. Thanks

My next question. This is my first time doing scores and nobody at the club could remember the password to make me an authorized score up loader. So they told me to e-mail it to the guy who usually does it and he will up load them to the USPSA site. Do you just use the e-mail tab on the match results? I tried that and it wanted some password for my location or something? I don't know that and closed the tab and it asked if I still wanted to send the e-mail. I clicked ok and it closed the window but didn't confirm that it was sent .

I am sure you guys can tell I am real wiz with computers.

The authorized uploader needs to enter your USPSA number into the authorized uploader section under club support. Once that is entered you can upload scores yourself.

You then go to the upload match results section of club support and you should see your name listed as authorized uploader. Browse to and then upload webfile.txt , hit submit and you are done.

Edited by Poppa Bear

Ok they got me on the list and when I try to upload the file I get and error.

It says

Incomplete upload file

Upload error

An error occurred during upload, no match results have been saved.

What am I doing wrong?

Match:Calculate results

Click Calculate with STAGE and BY DIVISION checked.

Now click on Web File. This will generate a txt document. I save it to my desktop so it is easy to find when I log onto the USPSA site.

Go to upload match results and point it at webfile txt. Click Submit and you should see the file uploading.

If you are trying to upload an activity then you need to go to another section of EZwin and generate a different txt file.

Woo Hoo! I finally got it done.

I followed your directions and it wanted to run but I guess I didn't realize when you buy ezwin it is already outdated and you have to go on the website and install an update before it will let you upload scores. So I had to update it and try again.

20th time was a charm.

Thanks for all your help.

leas327, my experiences match yours. I've only done scores a couple of times, and found it completely un-intuitive on how to actually get the scores uploaded to USPSA. I'm hoping USPSA will decide to update EZWinScore with some software written in the past decade.

It is one of those programs where once you learn it you can click through easily. Those who are proficient at it tend to forget the pains of that initial learning curve. It would be nice to have a general rules listing on the EZWin support page that clearly spells out the need to update the program, and which file names are needed to upload match results and activity reports. That way when someone new starts they can have a general idea how to make the program work. I have taught several people at other clubs the process needed to upload scores and activities after finding out they were new to the program and unable to complete the uploads.