Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

EAA called this morning

285 and 345 with three mags.

Interesting - so it was the same price as a normal longslide upper...

I wonder if it will show up with the supersight or the other sight they have been putting on the Match pistols... ?

Whoo-hooo!

I got a call this morning from the nice lady at EAA, too. She said they have my 9mm long slide super-sight conversion (blued), 9mm extractor, and 9mm 6" barrel ready to ship and was wanting to make sure I still wanted it....I had originally ordered it in January. :goof:

You bet, sez I.

I even said that I would consider bringing over a kelsey's pizza (good local pizza) if it helped to speed things up (they are only a few miles away as the crow flies) and indicated that would be nice, but again she said that having customers come by the office is absolutely prohibited.

Looking forward to getting the stuff, but dang... <_< It will be interesting to see what is in the box when it arrives.

Whoo-hooo!

I got a call this morning from the nice lady at EAA, too. She said they have my 9mm long slide super-sight conversion (blued), 9mm extractor, and 9mm 6" barrel ready to ship and was wanting to make sure I still wanted it....I had originally ordered it in January. :goof:

You bet, sez I.

I even said that I would consider bringing over a kelsey's pizza (good local pizza) if it helped to speed things up (they are only a few miles away as the crow flies) and indicated that would be nice, but again she said that having customers come by the office is absolutely prohibited.

Looking forward to getting the stuff, but dang... <_< It will be interesting to see what is in the box when it arrives.

How long did you have to wait,I would like to get one in 40 if it comes with the 6" barrel

Big Dawg - I placed the order in January 2013, so it took a while. The longslide conversons come with a 4.75" barrel and I wanted that so the gun could be used for Limited minor, and I wanted a decent 9mm for plinking . I wanted the 6" 9mm barrel to use with my current slide so there would be plenty of material to cut/thread and add a compensator for open division.

Intercooler2 - i don't doubt for a second that you are correct, so thanks for canceling your order! :bow: If only kneelingatlas would have been as considerate and done the same for me with his 6" barrel I might have been able to get the order in 6 months instead of 8. :devil:

Well, since I don't actually have the parts in hand yet, I should cautiously correct myself and say that I have been told the order is on the way!

Mr. kneelingAtlas - Canyon Creek comp. I have one of his on the 38 super barrel and it is a very good comp for the 124 grain bullets with gassy powder. Not interested in having holes in this barrel, just a good comp.

• 3 weeks later...

Got a box full of Tanfo parts from EAA this afternoon. Got everything I ordered, and they tossed in 9mm mag gratis.

The 6" 9mm barrel is poly rifling, as I was expecting, and the hood is oversize and needs fitting - which I consider to be a good thing. Nice looking barrel. Chamber seems to be SAMMI spec as it won't take long loaded 9mm (again, not a bad thing).

The blued 9mm longslide conversion with supersight is actually better looking and better finished than I was expecting.

The barrel (w/ conventional rifling) was obviously fitted to the slide and it locks up tight. The muzzle end of the barrel to slide fit is about as good as it gets. No wiggle after it is installed and it is relieved enough to allow free barrel tilt during unlocking. It fits on my .38 super witness frame like it was made for it. No tight spots and not sloppy at all. With only a little CLP lube it has a nice ball-bearing like sliding fit, with just a hint of tightness....should break in nicely. The bluing job is good, it is a matte finish which I like (maybe it is parkerized? don't know). It came with a good coat of a waxy preservative on it but CLP took it right off and got it cleaned up easily.

It would probably work just fine as-is out of the box, but to slick it up it needs a little stoning/polishing on the breechface as there are some light machining marks, also there are some light machining ridges in the barrel lug area of the slide that could be removed and polished, and maybe a little stoning to fair in the firing pin stop radius to the disconnector ramp a little better. Front sight is removable. The sight actually looks pretty good and is like a bomar knock-off, but not made quite as well. The plain front sight is a little wider than I like so it will probably get narrowed. Also, will most likely toss the firing pin block. Most of these last observations are nit-picky and are easily remedied. I cycled a few mags worth of dummy rounds though it and everything seems to work as it should. Need to get it to the range and run some live rounds through it. By removing the supersight blade the slide barely clears the c-more scope mount, so I may just run it with the red-dot initially to break it in (could make a nice steel challenge gun in this configuration). My intentions are to use this 9mm longslide conversion in USPSA limited with minor loads.

Also got an 9mm extractor from EAA, and looks fine.

Ok, so hopefully that ends my EAA saga.