Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

open shooters what production gun

bk94

The apex trigger kit installed into a M&P is a few springs, sear, and trigger safety plunger. Do they even check that for production class I have not shot it.

They shoot your gun and check your triggers?

Edited by Brine0

The apex trigger kit installed into a M&P is a few springs, sear, and trigger safety plunger. Do they even check that for production class I have not shot it.

They shoot your gun and check your triggers?

No need to check for it under uspsa as it's legal. I've only shot one match under ipsc rules and they did check trigger pull weight. The apex kit would take it under the five pound minimum so it would have been detected.

Regardless I wouldn't break the rule whether not it would be detected or not just out of sportsmanship. I even took out an aftermarket recoil spring for that match.

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk 2

I switch between a Glock, Para, and Springfield Single stacks. I do some dry fires the night before a match with whatever platform I choose. My little mind takes over and snaps right to it. Does not seem to mind the change in grip angels.

But, I did notice something recently in the weight difference from going from a Para P16 straight to a Glock G34 Production (10 rounds) in one week. i tended to draw the G34 a little high at first. From a 1911 to Para I never noticed this.

More dry fires will correct. Your mind is a great thing and can remember multiple things. Do you write in cursive and print? I switch all the time depending on the subject matter. Both are illegible - I must be a doctor :-)

I run a STI 2011 for Open and a SIG P226 for Production. The guns couldn't be more different. No problem switching back and forth between them and the Limited STI also. had an XD9 Tactical with a trigger upgrade that kinda sorta was close to a 2011. I say it dont make a difference. pick one gun you like, shoot the shit out of it and get proficient with it. a little dryfire and a couple of practice sessions will help transitioning from one gun to the other. shoot what makes you happy

my production gun is a smith 5906, yes I know smith autos got a bad rep, but the original model 59 was designed to replace the 1911

so the grip angle is similar, execpt for the safety, all the controls are in the same place as a 1911, and the single action reset is short like a 1911

except for a trigger job, mine is box stock and just plan runs, although the new M&P's look good also

oh and I run caspian open and limited guns, steel frames all the way, those new fangled plasticy guns just don't feel right

Recently I decided to shoot some classifiers in open with my girlfriends rig. I'm obviously slower picking up the dot then my sights because I do not practice with the dot, but fast enough the first time I grabbed it I hit a 77%. Since that first classifier she has switched from a traditional mount to a sideways mount, and now It is harder for me to find the dot. With my grip I never had a issue finding the dot on the traditional mount, now with the sideways mount it takes some "fiddling" to find it.

That's switching from a glock to 2011. And I plan to do it, as soon as the builder gets my gun done.

M&P Pro Series 40 with Apex trigger internals and stipling on the grip where legal for production. I like the M&P because the grip angle is very similar to my 2011's and I like 40 over 9mm because, in my opinion 40 minor shoots way softer than any 9mm load I have tried