Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Comp-Tac International or Blade-Tech OWB Holster?

I'm just getting around to collecting my 3-gun gear, and I've narrowed my Walther PPQ (M1) holster choices down to the Comp-Tac International and the Blade-Tech OWB Holster. I'm looking for recommendations for either.

My primary concern is retention since our local 3-gun matches have a lot more up-down-run-around stages (including stairs) than a typical 3-gun match. Other than retention, it appears the Comp-Tac comes with more mounting options with the included accessories.

I really liked the Safariland 6379, but there is only anecdotal evidence the model for the Walther P99 will fit the PPQ.

TIA for the replies.

I've had both, and I like Blade-Tech a lot more for 3-gun. You can use the thumb-screws to crank up retention on a standard Blade-Tech, or you can see if they make the WRS Level 2 for your gun. As for mounting options, I think a Blade-Tech can mount to just about anything with the right attachment...

I have both and prefer the Blade tech as I can re holster without looking.. The only problem I had with my Comp Tac is there was burr in it at the muzzle end, brand new holster gouged the shit outta my gun. So make sure you check everything before you stick your gun in it.

So make sure you check everything before you stick your gun in it.

Sounds like something I used to tell the troops before a three day weekend. :goof:

It's good advise! I should have checked mine but didn't. It's red kydex so maybe that had something to do with it. But I got it sanded down now I think if I ever decide to use it again.

The WRS is the way to go if you get a bladetech. I shot a Glock for a bit out of a Safariland as I couldn't find a retention holster for my 6 inch STI. I have since gotten a Gcode for the STI and love it. Its a dropped holster with a thumb break you push straight down to disengage. If I am standing and drawing the pistol first I leave the hood forward. If I am moving, I engage the hood and have no worries about the gun coming out