Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Practiscore v1.2 Testing

Mark R

Just ran a test using beta version of 1.2 which includes Steel Challenge scoring.

Beta version 1.2.0-scsa-20130726

My test match had 3 competitors, 1 stage of 5 strings.

Worked GREAT, except...I modified the stage that had scoring complete. Didn't change nothing, just went into edit mode and then saved. All scores disappeared.

Re-entered scores, then added another stage of 4 strings, saved, and all is good.

Scores calculated correctly, throwing out the longest string on both stages of 4 and 5 strings.

Only thing I found, is on results screen, there is a 0 and space in front of scores on stage 1, a 1 and space in front of scores for stage 2. I'll add another stage and see if next stage has a 2 and a space. Will advise when complete.

Syncing came across normal. Oh, Bill, you will get a kick out of this one...Sync page in Android actually listed available devices...tablet, phone, and nook, by name of device. I changed the name of the devices, click on refresh on the sync page, and the new names came across. he-haw!

Way to go Practiscore guys / Eugene!

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Mark, it seem like you just discovered ancient issue with editing stages. I think it also affects timeplus and idpa matches in 1.1.x versions. Good catch!

I sent out new dev build with both fixes.

Syncing came across normal. Oh, Bill, you will get a kick out of this one...Sync page in Android actually listed available devices...tablet, phone, and nook, by name of device. I changed the name of the devices, click on refresh on the sync page, and the new names came across. he-haw!

I know. Should speed up tablet distribution to the stages after registration closes and you're racing against the completion of the shooters' meeting to provision all the nooks. That's as high-pressure as figuring out who won what at the end of a major match!

Should speed up tablet distribution to the stages after registration closes and you're racing against the completion of the shooters' meeting to provision all the nooks.

The most stressful part of my Sunday.

This is a huge improvement in my mind, although I have a couple guys who I've trained on the procedure for "tap Sync, Sync with Other Devices, tap the number button, 0065, Accept, Match, Enter Scores." I'm sure we can find something else for them to do....

Minor bug found in 1.2 release. New feature...Stage summary numbers for stage round counts and max points double when a stage has more than 1 string. Bug report submitted on Mantis.

FYI...I delete match and created a new one and same results. Prior to deleting first match, I entered a false score in a multi-string stage and everything from a scoring viewpoint was ok...just gave wrong totals on the stage review screens.

Edited to add: This was on a 4.0 Android tablet. Will check a Nook this evening.

Edited by Mark R

No answer to this question, huh? Never mind, I got my answer from Chris.

Bill, which part of recommendation to install release tequired addidional response? BTW, I have no idea of the meaning of acronyms you are using.

Gold: version of a software product that has come out of beta testing and has been released to manufacturing (CD/DVD and packaging) and/or downloading. Sometimes called "production".

RTM: Release to Manufacturing. See "Gold".

Beta: State a software product is in where it is being testing in the field by a vendor-selected set of users, before being released to manufacturing. Sometimes referred to as "Quality Assurance" or "QA".

Production: No longer in test. Being used to pursue an organization's business goals. Also see "gold", "RTM".

These are microsoft and otherwise generally accepted vendor terms related to the development and release of a software product .

Chris believed the 02.10 0729 beta version has a different key signature (YOU explain that term to me) than the production 1.1.11, and therefore android might pop up a msgbox saying I needed to uninstall the beta version before installing the gold version. I was more concerned that there might end up being two different versions of practiscore on the same device, but Chris tells me Android is smarter than that.

Edited by wgnoyes

• 2 weeks later...

It is real nice to see a list of all devices on the network in Andriod!

The Layout of the Steel Challenge Stages is awesome (penalties and/or Bonuses right there for each string).

The Apple devices were unable to synch with any of our Androids.

G27

In 1.2, Penalty and/or Bonuses do not make the trip when synching and Unable to edit scores as it crashes PractiScore.

Steel Challenge match.

Open up a problem ticket on the practiscore mantis page, or if you don't know what that is or don't have access, let me know, and I'll open one up for you. That's what I get told to do anytime I have a problem.

In 1.2, Penalty and/or Bonuses do not make the trip when synching and Unable to edit scores as it crashes PractiScore.

Steel Challenge match.

Any chance you could email me your match export file (*.psc)? It would help me to reproduce this.

The Apple devices were unable to synch with any of our Androids.

If you're trying to sync steel challenge match between ios and android, it is not supposed to work as been stated in release notes.

euxx,

I sent the .psc file to the address from Mantis Bug Tracker email requesting it. I noticed our Master Android tablet sent several error messages generated when PractiScore crashed....don't know if you see those?

Bob

euxx,

I sent the .psc file to the address from Mantis Bug Tracker email requesting it. I noticed our Master Android tablet sent several error messages generated when PractiScore crashed....don't know if you see those?

I see exported match in your issue about penalties at https://practiscore.com/bugs/view.php?id=216

Was it the same match that cause PS crash? I did received crash reports from you, just couldn't reproduce it and emailed you back about match export.

We did tell the Apple people that they wouldn't be able to Synch....they were crushed! ;)

They can also get android devices. Nooks are really cheap. :)

Edited by euxx

• 1 month later...

It appears the problem occurs when you sync to an already existing match. I sync'd a squad nook to one that we had not used and the bonuses and penalties came across fine. I then sync'd a second squad to it and that squads b/p's did not come across. I updated the mantis report.

Wayne

• 1 month later...

Not sure if htis is the right place to post this.

We just ran a match last Sunday on 1.2.8,

It runs great, there are so many improvements I can't tell where to begin. The Sync functin with the dropdown list is great, I had 8 Nooks synced inless time than it used to take to sync one! The menu seems just be better.

I do have one request, can we do away with Squad 0? It does not port over to EzWin. We register everyone but walk-ons on line and our form defaults to squad 1, The problem is mine in manual entry, I keep forgetting to put the walk-ons in squad one and wind up with them in squad 0.

Also The results are so SMALL I can't read them on the nook, I would just like to open them up on my laptop and read them there, go back in to the master nook and make any corrections and then post them.

As for posting, our club website is set up to post from teh format that EzWin puts out when you save the scores as html. It would be nice to have a one click save final scores and stage results (the fiel that lists all stages in each division) and then combined scores for stages and final scores to seperate html files.

Thanks for all the hard work. I guess the last items are Classifier updates and sending the classifier file direst to USPSA after that the rest will be just keeping the program up with the hardware?

I suppose our next step here will be an Android Tablet that will access the web and email. THe Nooks seem to fail at that on a regular basis.

Not sure if htis is the right place to post this.

We just ran a match last Sunday on 1.2.8,

It runs great, there are so many improvements I can't tell where to begin. The Sync functin with the dropdown list is great, I had 8 Nooks synced inless time than it used to take to sync one! ...

Jim, welcome to the 21st century; glad you're off that palm stuff.

So what kind of router are you running that your nooks can all see one another on the sync screen list, if I've read what you wrote correctly? We're all having a hell of a time with that feature and are still keying in sync codes on the nooks. (iOS devices for me on the other hand, are able to see everything.)