Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

need help picking a Shooting/outdoor adventure/birthday watch!

steviesterno

Hey all,

so I think I posted something along these lines a few years ago, but it never panned out. My wonderful GF is looking at buying me an adventure/shooting watch for my upcoming milestone birthday (30!!!!). Anyway, I don't want to beat up my daily watch, so I'm looking for something that will handle my less-than-graceful ass on the range, plus hiking, camping, etc.

My daily is stupid heavy and I like that, so I'm thinking something metal more than a plastic whatever. My stipulations include it has to be analog (I'm young but digital watches are for nerds) and, lets be honest, I want it to look tacticool and/or badass. I also don't like a super busy dial, and I want to be able to read it in the dark.

I like the luminox blackout series, but I hear mixed reviews. We're hoping to keep it under $500 but I'm open to hear your ideas!

Casio G-Shock. Since you want analog, look at one from their "Aviation" collection, such as the GW4000D-1A.

My G-Shock has held upto banging against truck frame rails and transfer cases with just some minor wear. Atomic-solar is a nice bonus too.

It's only nerdy if it looks nerdy...

The Suunto Core is sweet. I've used it for two years in military special operations training, and wore it for a month on the Colorado river through the Grand Canyon, in the winter. It's bomber.

Global-ProductImages-Suunto-Core-Alu-Dee

core-alu-light1.jpg